Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday's Friday Night Pie

(make sure you check out the 2 previous posts from today below)

Before I get to the Friday Night Pie on this Sunday evening let me talk about Sunday morning.
We went to church and it was amazing!
I should mention that we've recently started attending a new church. Crossroads (where we used to go) moved to a bigger and better building. We loved Crossroads and our friends there but the bigger and better Crossroads is located further and farther from our house. Poor excuse, but after they moved we just didn't go. A few weeks ago a friend invited us to his church to check it out. I was sold after one service. The pastor, Andy Stanley is why (well that and the rockin' band.) He's such a great speaker. After listening to him that first visit I knew this was where our family needed to be.

And now on to the Friday Night Pie. An old friend of mine who I recently connected with friended on Facebook started a blog with her family. I love to stalk people read blogs so I added her to my Google Reader. I'm glad I did. (I also learned how to strike out text.)

Her Friday Night Pie recipe was awesome. I printed it out and followed it word for word...no matter how wordy it got. (Thank goodness I have Seinfeld OnDemand.)

I used the same tomato paste but went crazy and changed up the pasta sauce.

The ingredients of my pasta sauce seemed decent but a little confusing.
Does "natural flavor" grow in the ground or on a tree?

Anyhoo, here's my pizza before the oven.

And after the oven.
Survey says:
a collective YUMM!
Matt said, "That's a nice hand tossed crust." (he worked at Pizza Hut in the late 80s and early 90s so he knows his pizza stuff!)

And our neighbor/frequent dinner companion, Mike (who critiques all of the free food I serve him) said the pizza was "very good."

So there you have it. Sunday's Friday Night Pie is a hit.

before I go,
How about my Ducks yesterday?! I say 72-0 was obnoxious....we should have stopped scoring. Matt says the 2nd, 3rd-10th string who got to play deserved to score as much as they could. Your thoughts?


(FYI: I'm out of pictures so this is the last post of the night)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Matt., Michael