Monday, September 13, 2010

How to save One Hundred Bucks (or so)

**Make your own bean bag chair.

No y'all, I didn't make it. I asked for a sewing machine a few years back and my darling husband bought me one. However, he (the darling husband) is the only one who's learned to use it so far. (I seem to have a learning curve aversion. If I'm not sure a project is going to turn out perfect than I don't even want to start it. (lame, restrictive...yeah I know!))

So my DH made his own bean bag chair for the basement. He bought the fabric, the liner, the zippers, the thread, the bean-popcorn-whatever filling, and with my amazing (foreign to me) sewing machine he sewed the darn thing together.

Our favorite son was in charge of testing the durability of the bean bag.

it's comfy

it withstands "Tyler-force-trauma"

and it provides adequate stability for an Oregon Duck "O"

it also accommodates a Mr. Mike, Tera, big Tyler and little Tyler
at the same time
Awesome job Matt!
My DH is one amazing guy...hands down.

Another way to save One Hundred Bucks (or so) is to

**Cook most of your dinners at home.

Here's my weekly menu to give you a head start if you so desire.

Monday: Pasta Fagioli (minus the sausage) & sauteed asparagus
Tuesday: Tomato-and-Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Roulade
Wednesday: Caprese Pasta and biscuits
Thursday: Curry Chicken and Green Beans and Rice *have to register
Friday: Bierocks & green salad
Saturday: KFC Coleslaw (for the Fall Festival)
Sunday: Kung Pao Steak & Vegetables *have to register

2 comments:

g.g. said...

Would it be possible to clon your Husband? He is!!!!!! priceless/awsome/and puts up with my Special Grandaughter...How were you so Blessed to get him?

Anonymous said...

Nice bean bag & the TV's look good.

Michael & Jan:))