Friday, February 6, 2009

sick no more...

I am so happy. We are sick no more and the weather is rapidly improving. It was 30 degrees at 9am and it is 60 degrees at 4:40pm. What could be better than warm(er) weather and a perfectly healthy household?!

It's not all good though. Things are startin' to change. Lauren went through 3 changes of outfits before deciding which one she wanted to wear to school yesterday. Luckily, she was able to decide on the sweater from Aunt Mili & Uncle Kevin, in time to make up some puzzles before school.
I'm asking them both to smile for the camera in the shot below.
hmmm-Tyler
They made up all of the Thomas the Train puzzles and then drove their trains on the puzzle tracks.
all this fun deserves a hug
(if you're wondering about Lauren's headband...her bangs are just way too long right now. I insisted she wear the headband to school so she could see her teachers.)
After school we stopped by a Supercuts. The "salon" smelled like a freshly smoked cigarette but the hair-cut performed by the aptly pierced and tattood hairstylist, only cost us $5. Awesome!
When we got home I asked Lauren if she wanted to do some of her school Valentines. I thought she would only write her name on a few and we would do the rest in the days to come. Not my girl...she wrote her name on all 15 of the Valentine Rainbow-Sunglasses that we are going to hand out to her pre-school class during her Valentine's Day party next week.
Here they are modeling the Valentine's Rainbow sunglasses. (When you look through them, all light sources have a rainbow around them.) way cool, no?
(and NO! my kids do not watch too much Mickey Mouse TV!)
For dinner last night, we had "Authentic Colorado 'Green' Chili"
It was very meaty and so yummy. I added shredded cheddar cheese and a dallop of Mexican Crema to my serving. We ate the chili over white rice and topped with broken up tostada shells. It was very filling and super-delish.

After school today we met up with friends, Abigail and Isabella (and their Mom's, of course) and had lunch at Chik-fil-A. I love these ladies and our kids are at the age where they enjoy playing together APART from us parents; so we had plenty of time to catch up with one another. I did have to snap this shot of a bunch of crazy kids playing unsupervised in the restaurant. I had no idea where their parents were and why they were putting up with this behavior but I thought I should have documentation in case I needed to notify DFACS.
Unbelievable, NO?! [wink]
After lunch we headed to the park to enjoy the warming weather and the beautiful sunshine. The kids played and us adults enjoyed the sun and chatted together. It was a perfect afternoon. About 15 minutes before it was time to go Tyler came up to me and asked if we could go out to the lake and watch the "gooses." How could I refuse such a sweet request. We went to watch the gooses and Claudine was the only one to take out her camera. (bad Mommy...but I'm hoping Claudine will e-mail me with the pictures...hint, Hint, HINT!)
As a side note, a local Kroger grocery store is closing in our area and they have significantly marked down a lot of their merchandise. I have been there 2 days in a row buying up good deals. Today I made my ultimate "catch." I bought up all of their "mixed drink buckets" for Bunko (which I host next Friday) and also I bought up a bunch of their gourmet Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I can have an olive oil tasting party if anyone is interested?! Don't tell Matt about this little expenditure! My Mom raised me right though, and she always taught me that there are some things you "can't afford NOT to buy." We can all agree right?!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Christine! You're blog is Awesome. I don't understand why your family doesn't read it nor COMMENT on it!

brian said...

i had some cool glasses like that for the super bowl. L and T pull them off much better than me though.

p.s. I have my roommate hooked on this blog. Amanda is always on my computer snooping in, maybe I'll get her to comment one of these times.

Anonymous said...

Christine,
You're blog is great! Your humor cracks me up. It is such a good way for me to keep up on the family events when we are so far away.
Jan

Anonymous said...

You rock and so does your blog!