Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hey Y'all.

I got my hair done. This was "Part 2" in going back to my natural color. I'm trying to save money by going back to my natural BLACK. Not bad, eh? I feel So Much Smarter now.

On Monday, Lauren had her dance class. I managed to finagle my way to the front of the 'observation window' to take a picture of my beautiful princess dancing. That's her in the blond ponytail.



So I finally made dinner this week. Matt left for a training class in Houston on Sunday, and the kids and I had some special dinners all week long. (cereal, frozen pizza and peanut butter and honey sandwiches) Basically, I didn’t lift a finger. (well I may have lifted the finger to some way-too-slow drivers on the road, but I didn’t do much with it in preparing dinner.) [wink] But since Matt is on his way home I decided to actually cook and finish off my Mexican Week with the CodVeracruz



...I'm not too trrilled with the Cod Veracruz. It was a little too bland for me. ...Try it and let me know what you think...



This Friday, I'm hosting the monthly Bunko game. I've been slowly preparing all week. Today I wrote out my menu and grocery list. I chose a romantic Italian food theme to celebrate Valentine’s Day ...as opposed to my other option of having a spooky theme to celebrate Friday the 13th. (My life is so complex with all these difficult decisions I have to make.)

The Menu is as follows.

Antipasti:
Home-made Pita Bread, Veggies & crackers served with Home-made hummus dip, Feta & Artichoke dip and good ol’ Ranch dressing.

Secondi: (does this mean main meal?)

Authentic Baked Ziti
Italian Salad
And Quick Italian Bread


Thirdi: (now I know that this isn’t correct but I don’t feel like looking it up)

Italian Rum Cake
Fresh Fruit

Today I made the pita bread and hummus and also mopped the floors and cleaned up the dirty handprints off my walls, doors and blinds.

Freak Out Moment:

My neighbor “Mr. Buddy” e-mailed me to say I should shut my garbage can into the garage and also lock down my lawn furniture because a storm was a-comin’ our way. So of course I asked him about my husband’s flight… this very evening… from Houston to Atlanta. He said it should be fine. So I called said husband, Matt, at 6:15 when Delta.com said the flight had landed. It went straight to VoiceMail. I called 5 times after that. Matt finally called at 7pm saying they had just landed. Apparentally they went down for a landing at 6:15 but due to “weather” they had to immediately take back up to the sky. As worried as I was here on the ground I can only imagine how worried my husband and fellow passengers were on the plane…to go down for a landing, almost land, but then rise back up. Too Freaky. Anyone have a job offer out there where my husband doesn’t need to travel…by plane…AT ALL?!!!?


And to close…a funny story…one you really don’t want to hear about….(trust me on this)….

So Tyler was waiting for his turn to take a shower with his Dad. He was naked and running around the house while Lauren was taking her shower. I was relaxing on my bed waiting for the “OK” to help Lauren get dried off and into her PJs. While reading a really good historical fiction book (The Forest by Edward Rutherford.) Tyler came up to me and told me I needed to come clean up some “poop poop.” Apparentally in the 5 minutes between taking his clothes off and getting into the shower he had the urge to go Poo and didn’t have the urge to tell me about said urge. So I got to go clean up a Tyler accident off of the hallway carpet. What’s with this kid? The Toilet Is Your Friend! I need help.

1 comment:

g.g. said...

Christine, You always beautiful no matter what color the hair, it's the inside. Lauren reminds me of you when you were the ballerenia.
Tyler? Just give him time, nothing else seems to be working..Good Luck.
Love Gram