Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Matt gave me a card today. (he can't do flowers because the cat would eat them... she would not stop obsessing about them until she has knocked the vase over and eaten the blooms.)

It was a perfect card. It said "I'm one of the luckiest guys in the world because of you." I feel the same way. I know I'm one of the luckiest gals in the world because of him. He's my perfect Valentine. I hope he knows this too because I did not get him a card. I will, however, share my popcorn with him when we watch some more episodes of "30 Rock" tonight.

The kids really enjoyed Valentine's Day. I didn't bother to tell Lauren that V-day is actually today. She thought Valentine's Day was her party at school. I made the executive decision that L and T got enough candy and cards from her G'ma, G'pa, MeMa, PaPa, Grammy, GG and friends from school that she didn't need anything else from her parents. (This is one of the perks of having 2 kids under 5 years old...you can let some holidays slide.)
playing with the styrofoam peanuts from the box from G'ma Jan and G'pa Michael

showing me his bag of suckers

decorating their bags to store their loot


Lauren at her school's V-day party

Before I tell you about Tyler's rough day he had let's take a look at some of L and T's favorite things:

coloring with markers on cars (to make them dirty)using a wet wipe to give them a wash down

hours of fun!

Bunko ran a little late last night and with clean-up we didn't get to bed until midnight. Matt and I wanted to sleep in a little so we sent Lauren downstairs to play. Here's what we found when we came down:

she had put all of her puzzles together on the kitchen floor

And now I'll briefly tell you about Tyler's rough Thursday.

1. He woke up with a cold in his eye so I had to use a warm wash cloth to loosen up the gunk so he could open it.

2. On his way down the stairs he FELL (from the top.) I saw this in slow motion and cried out with the echo-ey Noooooooo you hear in movies. He went head over heals with two full revolutions before hitting the landing. He cried because he dropped his sippy cup of water. I gave him his water and he stopped crying. No concussion, No broken bones, No broken C6, just a dropped sippy cup.

3. On the way home from picking Lauren up from school he wanted his window rolled up. So I rolled it up. Unfortunately, he didn't move his fingers out of the way before they were squished. He screamed.

4. And on another trip he was climbing into his car seat and slipped and fell out head first toward the ground. Luckily his foot was caught in a strap so his head didn't bash into the concrete.

It was a rough day for Mr. T.

3 comments:

g.g. said...

My poor darling Tyler!!! Think you better keep a bike helment on him at all times, fortunatly Boys can bounce down stairs with ease, and nothing broken, Carson did that just last week. Happy Valentines to all, so glad you relaxed and really enjoyed Bunco. I agree you and Matt are perfect Valentines for each other.
Love Gram A

brian said...

put that kid in a bubble. bubble boy T.

Christine said...

What about having him wear a helmet inside a bubble. Think that will help? Luckily there hasn't been any additional Tyler "accidents."