Wednesday, February 18, 2009

hair dos and hair don'ts

Matt spent some time last weekend in his basement workshop. This is his second favorite room in the house. (His first favorite would be whichever room I'm in, naturally.) Here he is making improvements to "Lauren's" mini-chopper. He started to build this mini-chopper for his first-born when she was 6 months old. Ever since then she has wanted nothing to do with it. In his attempt to get her more interested and less afraid he custom made a muffler for it.


Here is the completed muffler. The coolest thing (according to Matt) is that you can just pop it on and off. So if he wants to be loud he still can. Maybe this weekend we'll try it out and see if Lauren wants to ride on it (with her Dad of course.)
And speaking of Lauren...
She let me put her hair in braids the other day.

lots of braids

I think they pulled a little tight on her brain because she went a little crazy.

but she sure liked all her curls the next morning



Tyler got his hair cut yesterday.
Don't let his sweet smile fool you. He Was A Pain! I don't know where he gets his stubborn and disobedient streak but I was actually embarrassed . The nice lady at Supercuts (who didn’t smell like an ashtray today) asked him to look up so she could trim his bangs. He told her a flat out “NO.” He didn’t stop there. He actually told her, “Stop pulling my hair.” “Stop cutting my ears.” “Stop telling me that.” He refused to cooperate with her in any way whatsoever. After what seemed like forever she finally was able to finish his hair cut. Tyler hopped off the chair and said he wants his sucker. (I have some serious work in the manners department with that boy.) Miss Chelsie got down to his level and said, “I’ll make you a deal. I’ll give you a sucker this time if you promise to be nice next time.” He said Ok, picked out his sucker and all on his own said Thank You.
He has potential.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lauren luce preciosa. Me recuerda a tiempos aquellos donde mi abuelita solía realizar tan arduo trabajo con mi cabello pues yo no era nada fácil cuando de peinar mi cabello se trataba. Quizá al estilo Tyler.

Mili