Thursday, February 18, 2010

Winter Break

Instead of just taking President's Day off, our school district took off the entire week! It has been so much fun to sleep in. (We do wake up in time to have breakfast with Daddy before he leaves for work though.)

More V-day gifts came in the mail via UPS.
candy and characters to color
(apologies for the fuzzy pics)
ta-da
On Tuesday I had my "well-woman's visit" with my Dr. and the kids got to play at Abigail's house. L and T had a blast playing with Abs. They obviously played "Knights in Shining Armor" because they have been talking about it for days. (swords...shields etc. etc.)

Wednesday, we picked up Lea and took a trip to the new Monkey Joe's. This was a first for me because once we walked in the door all three of them were off. I mean "off" in that they didn't even try to stay near me. This was bittersweet. I love their independence and the chance to chat (uninterruptedly) with my friends but I still want to be needed!

most importantly the kids had fun

Back home they put on their best dance attire.
While Lea sang every word (accurately!) to "Summer Nights"
Tyler and Lauren danced.

after awhile Lauren got tired of dancing

Today the sun came out!
We celebrated by visiting the neighborhood playground.


and the tennis courts

Leaf Fight!!

Back home Tyler did what any normal boy/man would do...
Take a nap on the sofa!

I was proudly surprised that Lauren took it upon herself to drape the sleeping Tyler with a blanket and also nestle a stuffed tiger next to him. She's such a loving sister.
We'll sleep good tonight anticipating tomorrow's adventures.

No comments: