Wednesday, January 6, 2010

transition

We are in transition mode here.

A Happy New Year transition from 2009 to 2010. (Is that "two thousand ten" or "twenty ten?" seriously, comment and let me know) My New Year's resolutions, in addition to the obligatory "lose the darn weight already" are to be a better wife and mother. But really, how do you improve on perfection? (JUST KIDDING!!)

A back to school transition. Lauren went back to school today after having two and a half weeks off for Christmas break. I've been used to sleeping in until 9am the past two weeks and let me tell you what it felt like to wake up at 6am this morning. Actually, maybe you should ask Matt since he's been getting up at 5:30am since Monday. (His office was closed between Christmas and New Years so he was able to enjoy the late morning wake-up with me.)

A golly gee it's so cold and it's going to get colder transition. I thought I moved to the tropics when we moved to Atlanta. Not so much, highs have been in the 40s and below for the past week and I have not felt any desire to leave my house. The forecast is calling for some "snow flurries" tomorrow (seriously, winter advisory notices are all over my TV.) Snow accumulation is predicted for areas North of us but since we aren't used to the cold weather and "Snow Flurries" I think everyone made a quick dash to the grocery store to pick up some bread and bottled water. I only needed milk so I didn't walk down the water aisle but I did pass the bread aisle. (This was around 4pm this afternoon)

I'm sure the bottled water aisle was even worse. =)

A transition from the weekly menu to the pantry menu. My pantry is bulging at the seems and so I've decided to take a couple weeks off to make "pantry meals". I plan to buy fresh produce and dairy but other than that I will base my meals on what I have in the pantry.

Today was pizza. Pizza dough was made with the bread machine. I made pepperoni and cheese for the kids.

And a Mediterranean Pepper and Artichoke Pizza for me.
(pizza sauce, chopped artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, cut into strips, chopped red onions, shredded mozzarella and feta) YUMM.

Matt is working in Alabama tonight so he didn't get to try my artichoke/red pepper pizza (don't worry he's not too upset about that...had I added chicken, it would be another story.)

I took advantage of Matt working out of town and rented "Paranormal Activity." He refuses to watch scary movies with me so I have to watch them all by myself...in a big house...All. By. Myself! The movie was good and had me on the edge of my seat (sofa) a few times but it didn't quite satisfy my yearning for a movie that will truly Freak. Me. Out. Maybe I'll try Jennifer's Body next but hopes are not high for that one.

And now it's past time for me to transition into Sleep. Unless we're talking about some serious Snow Flurries I will have to get up at 6am tomorrow to get Lauren off to school.

Happy Two Thousand Ten/Twenty Ten to Y'all.

2 comments:

brian said...

definitely two thousand ten. try "session 9" for a good scary movie.

brian said...

was last year twenty 09?