Thursday, January 28, 2010

strep by strep

Strep by Strep we are slowly making it through this miserable week. It started over the weekend when one of Lauren's lymph nodes below her ear swelled to the size of an egg. On Monday we brought her into the pediatrician and he suspected strep and gave her antibiotics. That evening I came down with a sore throat, headache and a high fever. I tried to wait until Lauren's test results came back so I could just have her doctor prescribe me the antibiotics (and save a co-pay.) But two days later (yesterday) I was still miserable and results weren't back yet so I went to my doctor. The instant test results were positive. Rather than take the antibiotics orally over 10 days, I opted for the shot. While the nurse prepared the huge needle I pulled up the sleeve on my shirt. She just shook her head and said that's not where this shot goes. I guess it takes more muscle!/flab? to absorb the strong penicillin. When I got home from the doctor Tyler said his mouth hurt and on closer look I saw a nice pimply rash all over his body. A quick google searched confirmed my scarlatina suspicion. We then called the pediatrician with his symptoms and secured our third anti-biotic prescription in as many days. Let's just hope Matt can hold out! He's been a wonderful Mr. Mom and working Dad this whole week.

Normal blogging should resume as soon as I start to feel better.

4 comments:

g.g. said...

oh Christine I feel for you and the kids, so sorry to hear you are all under the weather or bugs. trust, Matt will hold out and miss them all! so great he is such a help...A GREAT GUY! always Feel for you...LOVE G.G.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon...hugs..

Mili

brian said...

hope you guys feel better!

Claudine said...

I had a week like that last month...wishing my dr. offered a punch discount card because we had 4 visits in 5 days!

Feel better soon....let me know if I can do anything for you.

:-) Claudine