Tuesday, January 12, 2010

a little of THIS, a little of THAT

THIS: The kiddos enjoyed some Daddy time before he left for his out of town work trip this week. I miss the days when we could all go with him. I love exploring little no-name towns in GA and FL which just so happen to have a mill in need of Matt's genius.

THAT: At 7pm tonight Tyler told me he just wanted to go to bed. He ate a good dinner but he wanted to forego his snack and go to bed an hour early. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow and noticed one of his eyes was at half-mast. It was obviously bothering him but I predict the worst will come tomorrow morning when he wakes up to an eye crusted shut with the dreaded PINK EYE. Welcome back to our home pink eye...please leave ASAP and leave the rest of us ALONE.


THIS:


I followed Mary Ellen's Cooking Creations rendition of the recipe but since semi-sweet chocolate chips are not allowed in our house I used milk chocolate chips instead. These are moist, rich and delish. Tyler staked his claim and has been trying to eat each and every one himself.


THAT: bathroom conversation from the other day

Tyler: Do you want to see how weigh I much?
Daddy: Sure, let's see how much you weigh. (38 lbs)
Lauren: Do you want to see how much I weigh?
Daddy: of course (42.5 lbs)
Daddy: Do you want to see how much I weigh?
both kiddos: Yeah!!
Lauren: is it in the hundreds?
Daddy: yes
Lauren: Oh Duude!


THIS: dinner conversation (pretty much any weekday)
Tyler: Do you want to talk about school? (he asks this often)
Us: Yes, let's talk about school.
Tyler: Ummm, Let Lauren go first.
and finally,
THAT: current reads (cuz there's not much else to write about)
all books were checked out at my local library
***a softer version of the movie. The book was not as disturbing and was more a feel good read.

19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult
***about a school shooting. This was an emotional read because the idea of a school shooting hits close to home since I come from a town which unfortunately experienced one.

The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult
***hard to get through because I was a bit tired of Jodi Picoult's writing style after reading two of her books back to back. She seems to take an aggregate of true stories and fictionalize the results in her books. (I do like her writing but I recommend spacing her books out rather than reading them back to back.)

Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
***I loved this book and read it in 36 hours (apologies for ignoring my family.) It starts in Shanghai, China in the 1930s and follows the girls to America. I haven't read much about China and her history so this was a heartbreaking yet entertaining way to learn more. I will be reading more of Lisa See's books very soon.

current read: Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen.
***still on the fence with this one. I'm only 150 pages in. It's good but it is not demanding my constant attention like Shanghai Girls did.
And now I've run out of things to say...
it's like this and like that and like this and uh
(name that tune!)

2 comments:

brian said...

ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby

Maria said...

Love me some Snoop DOGG!