Saturday, January 16, 2010

Non-Stop FUN

It's been Non-Stop FUN for our family lately, particularly for the youngins. We've had three play-dates in two days.

The first play-date took place Friday at Chick-Fil-A. Tyler and I met Ian (3,) Eric (1,) and Susan (around 20-something just like me!) for some lunch and some hard-core playland playing. Tyler did great but I got in trouble when I brought my Diet Coke into the playland. I was in there maybe 30 seconds before the hostess tracked me down. She did thank me for being cooperative while she confiscated my beverage. =) (now I know the rules)

After school Lea came over to play. Lauren and Lea played one of their favorite games: "Hair Cut." They don't actually cut hair but they do comb it all out and dress it up with clips. They play this game quite often and I've never heard a yelp nor an "ouch." Now if I'm the one playing "hair cut" with Lauren there is always a few yelps, many "ouches" and at least one "Can you just not comb it so hard?!"
beautiful!
Friday also brought with it temperatures which I feel are more appropriate for Winter. Say low to mid 60s! While I made dinner (Mushroom and Ham Quesdadillas...similar to this recipe) I sent Matt outside to play with the kids. Matt had just gotten home from a 4-hour drive and (I just knew/assumed) he was itching to stretch his muscles.
Soccer Time
Tyler had a blast playing with his new goal. (Christmas gift)
Lauren was quick but Daddy managed to snap a picture of her.
Please admire her new vest...it's her latest and favorite article of clothing.

Today, Saturday, brought even more fun. Tera came over to play. As soon as she walked in the door the kids never stopped once...not to play quietly, not to watch a show, not to stop yelling and chasing each other all over the house and not even to breathe.
It was (as Lauren would say) tons and tons and tons of fun.
Check out Tyler's aerobic Ninja (definitely not a Geisha!) outfit.
try to ignore the blur that is Tera =)
After having such busy and exciting days it was time to clean the Non-Stop FUN right off of Lauren and Tyler.
Lauren thought she would test the "tear free" claim on the Johnson's Baby Wash label.
After at least five minutes of this silliness I assure you she was still tear free.

Even Tyler got in the action by giving himself a "beer."
"No Tyler it is not a beer, it is a beard"
"That's what I said Mommy, a beer."
the goofballs
refusing to stop the Non-Stop FUN
and the fun continues this evening.... Lauren is currently enjoying her fourth? hour today of PBSkids.org (I know I'm jeopardizing my 'Parent of the Universe' award by admitting this) and Tyler is on the computer next to her playing Lego.com (the pre-school games.) It is a good thing we have a total of four computers for the four of us so Matt can check his Fantasy Football Play-Off score and I can type up today's blog post.

No comments: