Sunday, January 31, 2010

Food and Stuff

FOOD
Wheat Berries

the rest of the ingredients for the
Garlic and Kale Soup
(kale, thin sliced garlic, 1/4c rice vinegar & baby bella mushrooms + 4c. veggie broth)

Matt loved it and said he would order it at a restaurant.
This is the highest compliment coming from Matt, especially for a vegetarian meal.


I had extra Kale so I spread it out on a baking sheet, lightly tossed it in olive oil and sprinkled coarse salt over the top. Then I baked the kale for about 12 min? at 350 degrees. I baked them until they started to brown on the edges. I was the only one who liked these but according to me they were fantastic and ZERO weight watchers points...well maybe ONE for the whole tray. =)

Feta Stuffed Tomatoes and Peppadews

Take a halved and seeded Peppadew or Cherry Tomato, add a Mint Leaf and top with diced seeded Cucumber and Feta.
instant yummy-ness
STUFF
new pressure cooker
oh the pressure I feel to actually use it now
soon, I promise

Birthday Parties galore on Saturday
Matthew got a Transformer's walkie talkie set and some Sponge Bob 3-D playing cards.
Ian got a portable soccer game. Mini soccer field, mini soccer players, mini goal, mini soccer ball.

Lauren's Art Club:

Penguin on canvas

framed Glitter Bird on Branch in the Snow

I love that Lauren loves Art Club. She may have some talent in the art department...no thanks to my genes. She may turn out to be a talented artist like her Daddy.

No comments: