Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Camera Took a Dump

Well, it's actually more of a piss...but I'll get back to that later. (sorry for being so vulgar...but I'm a "wee" bit upset about the whole thing.)

What I'm not upset about is that my Mom is in town. She arrived last Tuesday on a plane free of swine flu. We did the weekday/school day thing for a few days...

The weather was Bea-U-ti-Ful so we spent sometime outdoors playing in the sand.

Lauren also practiced some "sight words." Here she is writing them down. She doesn't, however, know what all of them mean...but writing them is definitely progress.
When Daddy got home from work on Friday the kids helped him plant some shrubs to conceal the A/C units (all three of them.)
Tyler got tired of the silly shovel after awhile and just used his hands...Like a MAN!

(I would have more pictures of Grammy's first days...and my dinner meals...but I don't...*see the post title.)
On Saturday, after I spent mucho money on getting my hair done (and straightened) we went to Six Flags Over Georgia for the first time since we've moved here. I was surprisingly delighted to find a back road and get there in about 30 minutes...Without Any Traffic. Saturday was super humid, occasionally rainy, and scattered with severe thunderstorms. My hair was frizzy toast in no time, but we had fun none-the-less.



Eventually, we made our way to the other kiddie rides. Tyler was a bit freaked out from a couple of the rides but Lauren and Daddy toughed it out on most of them. One of those being the ride pictured below. =)



Grammy took this shot of the 4 of us on the car ride. (can you see us in the last yellow car?)

After the jalopy car ride, the severe thunderstorm started to approach. We ran to shelter in the covered Carousel. We actually got on the merry-go-round for one ride before it closed down due to weather. (When it started to rain/lightening/seriously storm all the rides would close down until the operators got a "call from their supervisor.")
After the Carousel ended we hung out in the covered shelter for about 30 minutes while the storm roared by...
(these are pictures of the rain...which don't do it justice until the 3rd one.)



The kids waited impatiently for the rain to end....

Finally, it slowed down to tolerable levels and we headed out to enjoy ourselves....

Lauren and Daddy went on a 42" and over rollar coaster ride...so Tyler and his new 6 Flags Scooby Doo had to sit this one out. Toward the end of our visit both L and T begged to stop by Thomas Town again. So of course, we did. Anything to make the kiddos happy. They were all hyped up on caffeinated, sugary sodas and "birthday cake" flavored dippin' dots. So needless to say, they were full of pseudo-Energy.

Bertie the Bus

Harold the helicopter

the Thomas playground set
dancing time...time to burn off all that false energy....


On our way to the exit, Matt and I took advantage of the short lines due to the severe thunderstorm and also the fact that Grammy was there to watch the kids. Matt and I rode GOLIATH. I linked to a video from youTube, but it doesn't do the coaster justice. After the first initial drop I spent the rest of the ride forcing myself to breathe. IT WAS AWESOME! I can't wait to go back (with the kids and a responsible baby-sitter safe at home) and hit up all the other "scary rides."
And now to give a quick explanation of my camera's casualty. After drinking A LOT of free refills of soda, I quickly went to the bathroom. And that is where my CAMERA TOOK A DUNK INTO THE TOILET...
and that's all I'm going to say...because it still upsets me so.

1 comment:

brian said...

looks like fun