Sunday, May 17, 2009

Recital Pictures and a Plea for a New Camera

Before I get to Lauren's recital hair-do pictures and the blurry pics of her in her dress, I'll catch you up on the sleep-over details.

Lauren made it all night at Emma's sleepover birthday party. I slept with the phone waiting for the call saying my baby just needed her Mama and couldn't stay away any longer. Of course, that didn't happen. In fact I had to DRAG Lauren home at 10am the next morning.

The girls had a blast and word-has-it didn't get to bed until 10:30 at night. Lauren was a trooper the next day though and had a great performance at her first dance recital.

It was requested that all the girls pull their hair back into tight buns. This is as tight and pulled back as I can get Lauren's hair.

Cute eh?
Now check out the cute pic below...
The only way it could be any cuter would be if I Had A Decent CAMERA!!!!!!
Lea and Lauren aka Shirley Temple Dolls up on stage (pre-show.)
The recital was so much fun. Lauren was in one of the opening acts as a "dolly" for the older students. Her, Lea and another dancemate sat as still as they could while the older students danced around them. They were all wonderful Dollys. Lauren yawned once and also wiped her nose (that's my girl!) with the skirt of her dress. Both endearing acts drew some laughter with the audience.
I guess she was encouraged by the crowd's response because when it was her and her class's turn to do their dances (both tap and ballet) she went to town on the facial expressions while performing her moves. This also drew much laughter from the audience. I can't wait to get the video of the recital which I purchased. I know Matt will enjoy it too since the poor guy wasn't able to make it to the recital. He had to work yet another graveyard shift at the mill in Jesup.
After Lauren was done with her tap and ballet dances she came back out to the audience to watch the rest of the recital. I need to give both of my kiddos praise because they behaved and also Enjoyed themselves while watching the rest of the Very Well Choreographed recital. I was very impressed at the talent this studio displayed. I have memories of my own ballet recitals and this was just so much more elaborate and unique and professional and I could go on....
To reward their behavior we went to dinner at La Hacienda with Lea and her parents (Mr. Frederick & Ms Maria.) We promised the kids ice-cream at the recital so of course we had to deliver. Lauren and Tyler both chose strawberry ice-cream.

and they ate it down to the last drop
After the ice-cream was finished and the bowls were licked clean we headed off to the airport to pick up Grandma Jan and Grandpa Michael. They had a 2 hour delay due to some silly engine trouble but finally made it safe and sound into the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport in Atlanta.
It was a LOOOOOONG day for everyone.
Today, Sunday, was also a busy day. Matt FINALLY came home from the mill in Jesup, although, a bit dirty and extremely tired. We also got to meet and hang out with Grandpa Michael's grand-daughter Samantha and her husband Zack. Zack and Samantha previously lived in Columbus, Ohio but have since relocated to (near) the ARMY base in Columbus, Georgia. Go figure, eh? (...get it? Columbus, OH and Columbus, GA? ...COLUMBUS?! [wink])
And to close here is a picture of G'ma Jan and G'pa Michael and the kiddos all snuggling on the love seat....despite the fact that the other full size sofa was completely unoccupied except for ME. (so how do I rate?! ...but that's a potential blog topic all in itself....j/k)


So let me have it...
If you think the picture above is Ridiculously Blurry... then please complain and complain often. I will let my husband know that it is crucial we buy a new (and functioning) camera!!

1 comment:

brian said...

WHAT A HORRIBLE CAMERA... just send the check in the mail christine.