Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Two Birthdays and a lot of Pictures

We sure enjoyed our time with Grammy here. She's been gone for only one day now and the house is so much quieter. The kids are definitely missing their one on one time with Grammy.

But let's reminisce...

Tyler and Grammy built the best castles and Scooby Doo houses you've ever seen.


Matt took advantage of Grammy helping out to watch the kids and he changed the blades on the lawn mower. Take note on how we change them blades down south.... (paint buckets and tie-downs connected to the ceiling to hold up the lawn mower)


It's up and running now...time to mow down some kids. Run Lauren, Run!


Tyler got out there to help too.

For my birthday we went to Frank's Family Restaurant (a total dive) to celebrate. Lauren was so nice to mention to our server that "it's my mommy's birthday and she is 32 today." Gotta love that girl. I did get a special turnover dessert out of it though.

Mommy and Tyler

Daddy and Lauren


Mom and I

Tyler and Matt


Back home we opened my presents.

gift card to Nike Town (at Phipp's Plaza...I can't wait to go.)
Thanks Kevin and Mili!
Grammy gave me a tennis bracelet and Matt gave me the Garmin Forerunner 305. I'm so excited!! I can now wear a bracelet to look absolutely fabulous or wear a watch and run your socks off!! Best Birthday Ever!!

Lauren and I try to figure out my Forerunner.

Oh and there was Birthday Cake.. Weight Watchers recipe of course. One slice was only 4 points and it was DELISH too!

The next day we got our play on...


and our dance on. Lauren and Lea pose for a picture in between rehearsals for the up-and-coming recital.


Matt decided to start his birthday celebration early and bought himself a new toy to celebrate his 36th year of life.


Here they are putting the race car together.


You can't even begin to imagine the fun this race car will inspire. Within 5 minutes of Matt playing with it outside, we had many, many neighborhood boys over wanting to watch and ultimately drive it.
(I have no idea who's sneakers these are.)
Lauren was right there ready to re-fuel since the race car guzzles more gas than my SUV.

In between fill-ups, Lauren and I lounged in our spectator chairs.


When the race car got too close Lauren would run for safety behind the bush out front.

occasionally the race car needed maintenance

is it Tyler's turn to drive it yet?

To take advantage of Grammy...Matt and I left the kiddos with her one night and went to a concert in Peachtree City. This was an open mike night where anyone and everyone gets to audition and ultimately gets a chance to sing. It was a lot of fun...and...I wore a dress.

Hence the picture ...yes, it's a dress.
here we are at the concert
(care of our old camera that just doesn't work quite right...notice the ghostly faces?!)
On Matt's actual birthday (the 11th of May) we went to dinner at the Gridiron Grill in downtown Newnan. We went after Lauren and Lea's dance class. Lea got to join us for the birthday festivities.
I love how we positioned them to flank the Jack Daniel's wall display.
Honestly...they are drinking chocolate milk!

We had fun at dinner and I think my Mom enjoyed walking around downtown Newnan and taking in some good ole' Southern history. We passed by an old confederate hospital during our walk to the restaurant.
Back at home Matt opened up all of his gifts. He received a couple of Home Depot gift cards, a new electric razor, a new preppy outfit (that I really liked) and $5 worth of gifts from each of the kids courtesy of the Dollar Store. This was the best!He received a set of whiffle balls, 2 watches, poker cards, 2 air fresheners for the car, a Strawberry Shortcake puzzle, some antiacid (TUMS,) cotton candy, and 2 other gifts that I can't think of right now.
And now to close... Let's talk about sleeping arrangements. Grammy made Lauren a new valance for her new big girl bedroom set. We put it up and had the kids model it on Lauren's bed.
doesn't it look GREAT?!

since Lauren had been sleeping in Grammy's bed during her visit, Tyler realized that Lauren's bed was unoccupied and so he decided he would like to sleep in her bed.
of course, I said O.K.! Ahhhh, how cute?!

goodnight Lauren!
And Goodnight to You All.

No comments: