Sunday, February 10, 2008

weekend on the mend

After being sick and house-ridden for so long it felt good to finally get outside this weekend. It was also nice that the weather was sunshine-y and semi warm. I even saw flip flops and capris at the zoo. A bit too early for me though.

It sure was a ladies weekend for me. I was invited to play Bunco at the neighborhood game on Friday. I almost won $15 but lost in a roll out. Bunco, if you don't know is a mindless game of chance. The true purpose of a Bunco night is really to eat, drink and gossip with friends. I've decided that subbing is the way to go. I never have to host and prepare dinner for 12 ladies.

Saturday we went to the zoo. Lauren's been asking to go for quite a few days now. She was still a bit under the weather though and it was a rough trip. She had quite a few meltdowns. Still we had a good time and Tyler got to ride a real life zoo train. That night we went to church and afterwards we had Morgan come sit with the sleeping kids for a couple hours so we could go hang out next door at Buddy and Dana's. Shep has the Guitar Hero game which is all the rage nowadays.

Today was a beautiful day to end the weekend. Matt took the kids to the park with Tyler and Tera across the street while I had a mid afternoon snack at a Pampered Chef party. I bought a non aerosol container so I can make my own Pam spray out of olive oil without the added chemicals and also broke down and bought one of those veggie chopper thingies. This looked easy to clean and didn't cost too much. The cool thing was that I knew all but one lady (out of 10 or so) at the party....either from Bunco or the Moms Club. After 2 years here I'm finally getting some connections other than my immediate neighbors.

Tomorrow Lauren gets to see the dentist for the first time. I'm going to be so nervous but I'm sure she'll do just fine. Stay tuned...

I downloaded some pictures onto Flickr because it looks like I'm going to run out of picture storage space sometime. Here's the link/website to the photos I took over the weekend.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellentee/show/

No comments: