Sunday, February 24, 2008

"Nice to meet you, I love you."

"Nice to meet you, I love you." That was probably the best/funniest thing Lauren said today. Grandma Jan was on the phone and we asked if Lauren would like to talk to her. That was what came out of her mouth. Immediately after, she was off to harass her brother but she at least took time out of her busy schedule to talk for a few secs.

On Friday we were invited to hang out at Buddy and Dana's house (our next door neighbors). As we walked over (with the kids in their PJs) the ground shook with Mr. Buddy's bass from his stereo. We turned right around and grabbed Lauren's pink headphones and then continued to our destination. Gabe and Mary (neighbors down the street) along with their 2 boys were there already. We listened to music and just hung out while the kids watched cartoons and the older kids played Guitar Hero. After talking to Mary that night, I decided I'd like to go into Real Estate when I grow up. She got her license last year and this year she sold 2 houses and made over 100k. Yes...if I ever grow up that's what I'll be doing.

Saturday Matt and I attempted a workout at the YMCA. We dropped the kids at the child watch and started our workout. I was deep in my tread-climber workout when I heard my name over the loud speaker requesting I come to the child watch area. When we got there we found Tyler in hysterics. The poor boy was screaming for his blanket which was in plain view to him but the child watch workers had no clue it was his and just didn't know what he wanted. We tossed him his blanket but he was in hysterics and just couldn't calm down. I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating it must be to a 23 month old who has no clear way of communicating his needs when it is so clear in his head what he wants. Poor guy. We canned our workout and went home instead. A little workout is better than nothing right?!

We still went to church that night even thought I thought Tyler might be traumatized at being left alone earlier. In fact he did just fine and walked right into his classroom. It was Lauren who let out 2 fake cries before being cajoled into coloring and playing with play-dough.

Today, (Sunday,) we made our weekly visit to the clean Kroger. The other Kroger, which is closer to our house, is usually full of aliens...just like it's sister company Fred Meyer is after 8pm (or maybe I should say daughter company, since I believe Kroger owns Fred Meyer). Anyway, since we went too close to lunchtime, Tyler had an absolute melt down in the cereal aisle. We forgot his blanket in the car. For a minute I thought we might get kicked out of the store due to his desperate screams but Matt and Lauren ran out to car and saved the day with his blue blanket. Immediately he was fine and we finished the shopping trip without any further drama.

Other than our trip to the grocery store the kids just sat around zombied in front of the computers playing their video games. =) Enjoy the pics.


And now Matt is watching the Nascar race and I'm hoping to distract him so we can watch the Academy Awards hosted by my favorite Jon Stewart. Or at least watch the nominated movie "Michael Clayton."

3 comments:

brian said...

I recommend "There Will Be Blood". It's a great movie and has best actor Daniel Day-Lewis. One of the better films. Far better the that smug bastard Clooney.

Christine said...

I'm watching Michael Clayton tonight so I'll let you know. Thanks for posting...at least one of my brothers loves me.

brian said...

Agreed. The Pacific Northwest needs more of that Worley family.