Tuesday, February 5, 2008

in the thick of it



We are battling the flu bug in our house. Lauren was the first to come down with it last Friday. She had aches that kept waking her up at night and a bad cough. She seemed to be doing better so we went ahead with the Super Bowl party. It was pretty fun and even the drama was kept to a minimum. I can't believe how many people we can fit in our little basement. Of course the kids had the run of the main floor too. We tried to keep Lauren out of everyone's way so I spent most of my time not watching the game but keeping her company. Right after the the game was over I felt a tickle in my throat. Thinking oh no! I went to bed. That night I was up quite often with fever and chills. For the past two days I've been pretty miserable. I like to pride myself in not getting sick (ever.) But this is something else. Matt's been home for 2 days now with the kids so I can nurse my aches and pains in bed. He has to go back to work tomorrow so hopefully I'll be partly functional. The wild card was Lauren tonight at dinner. She started complaining about a tummy ache again. When I took her temp. it was 103. I guess this isn't a 24 hour bug and we'll just have to take it easy for a little while longer. Matt is doing all he can to get us healthy. Today he broke out the juicer and whipped up all the veggies and fruits we had into a healthy smoothy. It was delicious.
While Lauren was at school today (pre fever) Daddy and Tyler did some arts and crafts. The train just wasn't strong enough to pull the cars up the hills. Tyler did most of the work and Daddy just gave some direction.

No comments: