Monday, February 11, 2008

dia del dentist

Lauren had a fun visit to the dentist today. The pediatric dentist's office we went to looked like a movie theater inside. They had theater art on the walls and the chairs in the waiting room were movie theater seating...with the colorful pull down seats. A movie was playing but we didn't have much time to watch it before the hygienist came to get Lauren. Lauren got to sit in the kid size dentist chair and was a little nervous while the chair tilted back so she could get a better view of the TV in the ceiling!! If she was nervous after that you couldn't tell. She got her teeth scraped, polished and brushed and didn't even cry once. She was a great listener and did everything the dentist and hygienist asked. Apparently not many 3 year olds get this much done. They pretty much go until the child has had a enough. She and Tyler got a toothbrush and a prize for being so good. The dentist said her teeth looked good but we need to do a better job brushing near the gum line and also we need to floss daily. Yeah yeah yeah. There was a dentist in training from GA Tech watching. He asked where I was from saying I looked familiar. I thought he looked a little familiar too. I kind of chuckled and said Oregon and he said he was from Washington. hmmm. Maybe we both just have that Northwest look to us. =) The dentist told us to keep working on our accents. Yes, sir.

After the dentist it was hair cuts for both kids and then the grocery store. Tyler's hair is short. I'll try and get a picture of that tomorrow.

Poor Matt came down with the bug this morning. He ran a fever and said his throat hurt. He took a bunch of Tylenol and went into work anyway. He left for Spokane today for a meeting he couldn't miss there. Hopefully he'll do alright on this trip.

And since I couldn't think of a good reason not to go AND because my step instructor saw me at church and didn't say anything just pointed...I decided to go to the Y for my step class this evening. Kiddos played in the child watch and I forgot I wasn't in shape anymore and worked out like I was a top olympic step athlete. It was miserable but now I feel pretty good.

And that was our dia del dentist.....




No comments: