Friday, February 15, 2008

How hard is it to say "Ma Ma?!"

We've kept ourselves busy while Matt's been in Spokane. We made the 40 min. drive to Trader Joe's on Wednesday. I loved that store in Eugene but unfortunately we moved to the south side of Atlanta and apparently that's not where the organic folks live. So the cool organic stores (Whole Foods, Fresh Market, Trader Joe's) won't build down here. It's pretty much grits, meat, potatoes and fried mac and cheese down here. I picked up some Trader Joe 2 Buck Chuck (cheap wine) along with some other really cool food stuffs.

Thursday Lauren had her Valentine's Day party at school. They had some snacks and then put the chairs in a circle, taped their V-day bags to the back of the chair and each walked around putting their valentine cards into the bags. Lauren made a killing. I only gave scratch and sniff cards but most everybody else gave candy with their cards. Tyler latched onto a Thomas the Train Valentine and hasn't put it down since. He pretty much carries it in his hand morning to night. You'll hear him talk about it in the video I'm attempting to "embed" into this posting.

As you'll see in the video Tyler is talking a lot more. You can't understand much in the video but he is saying some real words now. He will climb up 3 stairs and then yell "stuck" over and over again until I get him. When I change his diaper he says "stink" and totally cracks himself up. It's the funniest thing. And he'll say "fire" and point to the fire place. Since he has a southern accent "fire" sounds more like "far". But we know what he means. He'll also say "Tyler" and "Lauren" but what he will absolutely not say is "Ma Ma" or "Daddy". He'll just smile and point at me when I ask him to say Ma Ma. Oh well.

Today we went to our Friday play date with our Mom's club playgroup. Isabella and Lacy were there and we were in a huge master bedroom turned playroom at Miss Jennifer's house but my two kids wanted to climb all over me instead of play. How I long for the day for them to just scuttle off and entertain themselves and be SOCIAL. I'm sure I'll regret this sentence later though.

Tonight I'll be watching Interview, a film Theo Van Gogh intended to put out but was assassinated before he could. Steve Buscemi took over the task for him. And poor Matt will be taking the red eye back to Atlanta. He should be home around 7am. Hopefully he'll get some sleep on the plane because the kids are really looking forward to seeing him. (and I am too, of course...) =)

No comments: