Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mama's Tired

It's 8:30 on this October Sunday night, L and T are in bed (well one of them is banging on the wall but they both are confined to their bedrooms,) and I'm Tired. But, I haven't posted in awhile and I have some pictures to share. I know y'all just read this blog to see the kiddos anyway so without further ado/complaining let's get started.

We "borrowed" some 3-D glasses from the Toy Story 3 movie we went to months ago and we are still enjoying "borrowing" them. (In my defense we paid a dollar surcharge for them!)
Tyler is so COOL!

COOLER?

maybe COOLEST?!

A few nights ago, after getting her hair braided, Lauren told me she wanted to write a book. "What a great idea," I said. I told her that I wrote a book when I was in 4th grade. (It was an assignment but a fancy one where the teachers sent it off to be made into a semi-official book.)
She responded back to say that she, however, wanted to write a book while she was still young.

When did 4th grade/9 years old become OLD?! In my mind's eye I'm still a spring chicken.
(wait...did that phrase just seriously date me?!)
When it's published I'll have her send all you faithful readers an autographed copy. =)

Saturday morning was Lauren's Fall Festival at her school. I volunteered for a shift at the Cake Walk. The Cake Walk is like Musical Chairs but everyone gets a chair and one lucky chair-holder wins a cupcake (or a whole-entire-cake on every half-hour.) This was not a relaxing shift. It became strikingly apparent that the Cake Walk was the favorite game to play. The bigger/smarter/more sugar savvy kids wanted to remain in their seats in between games to better their chance at winning. Eventually, I had to crush their sugar seeking little souls and tell them we would walk the Cake Walk every Five Minutes so go-do-something-else-for-a-change. I was impressed at how well these same kids could tell time...but it sure was a lot easier with the 4 minute break in between Cake Walks.

While I figured out how to turn the music on and off for the Cake Walk. Daddy took L and T around to play games and enjoy some sweet treats.

The sweetest being COTTON CANDY.

Lauren's cotton candy mustache

Today, Sunday, the day I'm so very tired, ...was FUN. We woke up earlier than usual (for a Sunday) to attend the first service at Southside. (Andy Stanley, Awesome Band...no need to say more.)

After church we stopped at Walmart to buy the finishing touches for our Halloween Costumes. Stay tuned to find out what we all chose.

After lunch the 'football guys' came over so I 'got out of dodge.' I went the the YMCA and enjoyed? an intense workout. 35 minutes on the EFX at a heart rate that the machine said was my MAX and then I did some weight machines. My computerized trainer told me I lifted a total of 22,000 lbs. (I'm hoping that's good because I'm pretty sore right now.)

After a shower at home it was time to head off to Eric's birthday party. The weather was perfect for an outdoor play party and we all took complete advantage of it.

Lauren and Tyler soared on the swing-set.

Eric tried to blow his candle out...

but his big brother flew in/blew in to save the day.

Here's a picture of the Pinata.
I was a little slow on the picture taking but the Pinata has just been knocked down.

And here's a shot not 5 seconds later.
The Vultures attack.


It's been a GREAT weekend and I've thoroughly enjoyed it but right now at 9:30pm (it took me an hour to write this post?!) this Mama is TIRED!

So seriously, which kid of mine is still banging on the wall?! I'm off to lay down the law ...and then lay down my head on my pillow.

Night y'all and Go Ducks!
(P.S. to the BCS: Who's this Oklahoma team anyway?)

1 comment:

Matt said...

Go Missouri