Monday, October 4, 2010

la cucaracha

GROSS! I found a cockroach in my house last week. EVEN GROSSER! Matt found another one in his closet Yesterday! (ewwww) I had dreams about cockroaches and bed bugs last night and didn't sleep well at all. I thought both of those were only found in New York City apartments and hotels. What do bed bugs look like anyway? ...now I'm really concerned.

So today I began phase one of my Roach Extermination plan. I bought some roach bait and I also cleaned out my bathroom drawers/cabinets, our closets and Tyler's room (where I found la primera cucaracha.) I will continue to hunt the ugly suckers down but I'm pretty sure the Roach Extermination plan will end with me calling a professional Roach Exterminator. Yuck.

Now I will happily change the subject.

We had a fun weekend of soccer, friends, food, and football... and Mommy time as well.

Tyler sure loves soccer. He is not aggressive per se, but he will chase the ball and kick it if he gets close to it. He loves that Daddy is his coach and if you ask him he will tell you that he has scored TWO GOALS so far. And he has celebrated each and every one.

Here he enjoys a water-break from the game.

Back home L and T do a little dance.
(wow, they sure love each other)
This quickly turns into a wrestling match.
(ah, that's more like it)Saturday evening we had some friends over for the Oregon v. Stanford game.
(the Ducks rocked it!)
I only have two pictures of the fun evening so they'll have to do.
Matt, the grill and chicken kebabs
-delish-

Kelli and Cole represent the Green and YELL-0
Around this time of year Sunday afternoons are synonymous with FOOTBALL. Since we have the most TVs (I guess?) the "football pool" crowd always ends up at our house. Matt loves it because he can enjoy football and his friends in the comfort of his home, the kids love it because there are always friends to play with and I like it as well because I can get the heck out of dodge.

Before I got the heck out (to do some shopping for cold weather clothes (it's supposed to be cold this week (cold = under 70 degrees,))) I took this photo of four blondes playing in the sandbox. For some reason it reminds me of the American Gothic painting. (You know the one with the Woman, Man and pitchfork in front of the cottage?!)
can you see it?


It was a fun filled weekend but now it's time for me to hunt some more cucarachas so I can sleep peacefully tonight.

2 comments:

brian said...

i'm pretty sure there are no cockroaches or bedbugs in oregon... just sayin

Anonymous said...

I forgot to ask you earlier when we were Skyping, how the cockroach situation is going. Do Michael and I need to get a hotel room while we are there?? Ha, Ha! I lived in an apartment in Virginia many moons ago and we were infested with the little critters. They were so bad we could hear them crawling in the bathtub after we went to bed. Just the other day, I actually had one crawling on my neck at Uniformity back in the office. So we even have them here in Idaho. Jan