Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Holidaze

This week so far has us in a sort of holi-DAZE. It's all I can do to make sure the right kid gets to school on the correct day. Lauren was off Monday and Tuesday but Tyler had to go to school. Tyler will be off on Friday but Lauren will need to go. To top it off Matt is working out of town for part of the week so he's not much help with my DAZE.

Our house is very close to the county line and Lauren goes to school in one county and Tyler goes to school in another. These counties for some reason adopted slightly different school calendars this year and here we are.

It has been nice the past couple of DAZE since Tyler doesn't go to school until 9am. We've gotten to sleep in (slightly.)

Lauren has enjoyed some special time with Mama and was able to attend a Mom's Club park day. We checked out a new-to-us park in the area and Lauren had fun playing with friends.

Lauren and McKenzie

She also felt pretty 'cool' getting to pick up Tyler from Pre-school with me.

They both felt cool this afternoon when they received their first Halloween cards in the mail. They went to work right away with the included Halloween stickers.
Thanks Grammy!

(This is the 2nd picture of Lauren. She had me re-take it because she thought Grammy would like to see her smile a little bit bigger.)

(if you are wondering, yes those are Harley Davidson tattoos on their arms...that's how we roll)
Dinner tonight was Greek Pita Pizzas
I thought they were very good (I love kalamatas, feta and all that other greek stuff) but Lauren thought they were too messy. She went through about 4 or 5 napkins during dinner. Tyler ate it but he was more interested in the applesauce and carrot sticks I served on the side.
Still I'd say give it a try...dinner in about 30 minutes start to finish.
(I used flat bread instead of pitas.)
I don't know if it was due to the mixed up holiDAZEy schedule but L and T were crazy this evening. Finally, I told them to go outside and get their giggles and wiggles out. They did this in a circular manner. Remember twirling around and around as a kid? Well it's still fun for the latest generation.



Tyler didn't quite get all his giggles out but we eventually settled down, got in our PJs and went to bed.
Speaking of bed...since Matt is out of town (and my house alarm is set,) I think I will hit the hay pretty quick as well. Have a good night and a good DAZE tomorrow.

No comments: