Thursday, October 21, 2010

Go Ducks!

I suppose I should be watching the Duck game right now. Survey says it should be a blow-out over UCLA...and hopefully it is! However, we reside on the SouthEast Coast and enjoy? the Eastern Time Zone so there's no way I could stay up to watch the whole game. I think I'll blog instead. (Matt is in the living room watching the game so at least I'm able to listen to it.)

Yesterday, Tyler had his school Fall Festival. He got to wear his Halloween costume.

Well, hello Luigi!
(he made sure I had his hat centered just right)

Even Luigi snuggles with his blanket in the car pool line.

I spent my morning working at the Pumpkin Craft table but was able to take a break when Tyler's class came through to get some pictures.

Here Tyler concentrates on his Pumpkin Craft.
and gets Candy Corn painted on his hand.

This was not planned but Tyler's classmate, the one he calls "my buddy" dressed up as Mario.
Is that not the coolest thing ever?!

(Tyler came home from school asking what his phone number was because he and "his buddy" needed to have a playdate. I will most definitely get right on that!)


Every other week Lauren has a Girl Scout meeting. This Wednesday sure was a fun one.
They celebrated Juliette Gordon Low's birthday with green birthday cake.
They enjoyed listening to and acting out a Scary Halloween Book
Best of all...they got to stick their hands into bags full of teeth (dried macaroni,) witches fingers (carrots,) guts (jello,) brains (cooked spaghetti noodles) and eye-balls (peeled grapes.) I laughed so hard watching the Brownie's reactions. I will definitely use this game in a future Halloween party.
That was yesterday, today Tyler accompanied me on a marathon shopping trip after school. We hit up a couple of Halloween stores, shoe stores and grocery stores but by the end to the trip Tyler was just plain OUT. Here's a picture of when I first pulled into our garage.
And here is a (sideways) picture of at least 30 minutes later...still in the car seat in the garage. My boy was TAR-d. (Southern for "tired")
This evening we carved pumpkins. Tera and big Tyler brought their pumpkins over and Matt and Mr. Mike carved them up. Mike and Matt may not have had much fun but the children LOVED it. (And really, that's what carving pumpkins is all about.)




Just check them out. AWESOME!!

Super Spooky!
Happy Halloween...and GO DUCKS. (so far I've heard a couple of touchdowns...keep it up!)

1 comment:

brian said...

great picture of mario and luigi