Monday, August 16, 2010

the weekend

Lauren had a great first week of school. She had a lot of homework (which first-graders do these days) but she really enjoyed herself. She got 100% on her weekly spelling/sight/vocabulary word test and she also made a new friend. (Who I hear is going to ask her mom for her phone number so us Mom's can chat about setting up a play-date.)

This weekend we had a big "to-do" list. We had to return some clothes to the nearest Belk store. While I made the returns Tyler, Lauren and Daddy enjoyed a fashion show. (picture Toddlers & Tiaras)

We also returned some shoes because they were too small. Lauren ended up with some Size 1 Sketchers. (I can't believe she's a size 1 already!) (and no! I didn't pay $39.99 for the shoes...they were on sale and I had a coupon.) Lauren loves them.
This weekend we had fun with friends. Two blonds and two Tyler's enjoyed Popsicles on a towel on the kitchen floor while their parents played Scrabble at the kitchen table. (That's how we roll these days.)
Matt did some yard work out-doors. In this pic he is installing drainage pipes from the A/C unit to the drainage ditch. I took this picture indoors because it was 90 something degrees out and insanely humid.

The cat and I were the smart ones for this chore.

Today, Monday, I hosted the Mom's Club Monday Movie day. I laid down some blankets and pillows, popped some popcorn (nah...I just bought the popcorn in the bag) and turned on a Nick Jr. DVD. The kiddos watched for about 20 minutes and when their attention spans ran out they ransacked the playroom. But....they had fun and us parents had a good time as well chatting amongst ourselves.



It was a good weekend and a great start to this next week.

No comments: