Friday, August 27, 2010

the week in a nutshell/blogpost

Last week my loving husband Matt, father of my children had yet another spot of basal cell carcinoma (skin cancer!) removed from his noggin. He's had so many removed that at this point I'm wondering if his Skin Cancer Doctors offer a punch card. You know...if they remove 9 cancers than the 10th is removed for free?!! (that is not FUNNY...I know...but still!?!)
Here's a pic. If you're faint of heart...don't look.
Well, this text and that photo are really too close. So I apologize. I shaved his head so you could see it better. Nah, I'm lying. Time, Age and Genetics shaved his head. I love it none-the-less.

my poor baby
While Matt recovered, our week went on as usual. School everyday and then playdates most days of the week. We have a weekly playdate set up with Jake and Dylan from across the street. One day L and T play at their house and another day J and D come play at ours.

We love it when Jake and Dylan come to play.
Jake and his sister Dylan are too, too sweet.
Last Tuesday was open house for Lauren's elementary school. Miss Ashley (Jake and Dylan's mom) watched the kids for us while we checked out Lauren's classroom and got the scoop on the year to come.


On our way back to the parking lot this is what we saw. Is it not awesome juxtaposition or what?! (I personally know the driver of the Honda...her daughter was in L's class last year and we got to talk a lot about the University of Oregon. Go Ducks!)
Yesterday, Thursday, August 26th, 2010 was Matt and my NINE year anniversary. (There's no way I'm old enough to have been married for NINE years!)

Our anniversary celebration started off with 7 children getting off the school bus and coming over to play in my house.

big Tyler, Joshua and my Tyler played/watched Super Mario Brothers on the Wii

my Tyler, Joshua, big Tyler
(my Tyler loves to hang out with the big 3rd grade boys)
It didn't take too long until most of the children were drawn to the old fashioned play of Marble Madness.
Sweet Dylan held out though and played in the sandbox until the poor girl was dripping sweat from the humidity.

Later that evening after Jake and Dylan went home, Mr. Mike (Tera and big Tyler's Dad) came over to watch the kiddos while Matt took me out on a date for our anniversary. Our destination was a surprise. All I knew was that it was in downtown Atlanta and I should dress somewhat cute.
We drove up to the Fox Theatre and picked up our will call tickets for...The Sound of Music!
I LOVED it! Matt enjoyed it mostly because I liked it but he also said he didn't realize that "a lot of those famous songs came from that show." ( i.e. Do-Re-Mi, My Favorite Things, Sixteen Going on Seventeen, So Long Farewell, et.al.) This was an awesome anniversary gift that I'll remember forever. (just so y'all don't think I forgot...I did get Matt 3 (count them...3) replacement heads for his Sonicare Toothbrush!! I know...I RoCk!)


Today, Friday, Lauren and Tyler had a big day planned out for them. In preparation, L and T played some hard core Diego Checkers.

this was an InTeNsE game of Diego Checkers

After the checkers game ended, Matt, Lauren and Tyler headed out the door to watch our local high-school's first football game of the season. I was going to go as well but my knee is really bothering me so I opted out to give it a rest. (I have an appointment on Tuesday to find out what's wrong. Stay Tuned.)

Currently, Matt and the kiddos are at the game. Last time we texted...our team scored and is about to score again. And Lauren is sitting with her teacher. I left Matt with the camera so hopefully he's taking some pictures.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

No comments: