Thursday, August 12, 2010

even keel

Yesterday was an exceptionally rough day...today was very smooth. We live like the ebb and flow of the tide. (Maybe I'll be a poet when I grow up.)

Yesterday Lauren refused to eat breakfast. Today she picked out her Cocoa Puffs and ate every last one.

Yesterday she spent a good deal of time on the naughty chair. Today she happily did her spelling word homework, played sweetly with her brother and read a bedtime story to Tyler and I.

Yesterday she went to bed dirty. Today she took a shower all by herself. (And I mean 'all by herself' because she does not allow me to help.)

Yesterday and Today, Tyler did what he always does. He tried very hard to be a good boy. (Sometimes I think he'd have more fun if he'd be just a little bit naughty but there's no way I'm going to tell him that!)

In the grand scheme of things we are pretty much even keel. (did I use that right?)

Enjoy today's pictures....


playing "air-conditioning"
(don't ask...they made it up)


They know they aren't supposed to climb all over the furniture but since I'm taking photos they know it's okay today.


Snack Time
(Lauren prepares for her role as bed-time story-teller)

no, the ice-cream didn't make him cringe...this is (still) his 'smile'.

We are all looking forward to Daddy/Matt coming home tomorrow. He's been at a fancy resort in Orlando attending a TAPPI conference. I had fully intended to go but at the last minute I just couldn't justify pulling Lauren out of school during her first week of first grade. Why does school start so early these days?!

No comments: