Wednesday, August 11, 2010

dog days of summer

This summer has been HOT and HUMID. I swore to myself I'd never complain about the heat after growing up in rainy, often overcast Oregon so I'm not complaining...I'm just stating. This summer has been H-O-T.

It's been hot (and I got tired of the daily-epic-hair-brushing battle) so Lauren got her hair chopped. We had about 6 inches of tangled chlorine damaged hair cut off of her head. Both of us just love it!

(it's so short!)

Tyler got a back-to-school haircut as well.

and not to be left out...
(it was straight only because my hair stylist straightened it...it looks a little different curly and I'm still getting used to it)
Y'all like it?

It's a good thing we all got our locks chopped because on a seriously hot and humid day our upstairs A/C unit quit working. Lauren, luckily, was sleeping over at Emma's. The rest of us slept in the basement bedroom that night.
upstairs
outside
We spent our last dog days of summer playing with Tera. She had her 6th birthday over the summer so we got her a gift. Moped Barbie...everyone needs one.

Tyler tried to gift himself.
(adorable, no?!)
Finally, the inevitable happened. Summer came to an abrupt end (8-9-10) and my sweet-beautiful-precious-smart-wonderful baby girl went to the 1st Grade!


Tyler starts Pre-K at his church school next week but he wanted to be in the picture as well.
And off she goes
(accompanied by Emma and Miss Linda the bus driver)
So far she's enjoying school. She been bummed because it's been too hot for them to go on the playground but she enjoyed talking about her BP oil collection during show-and-tell. (While in Pensacola, FL I collected some clumps of oil and saved them in an empty spice jar...yes I know I'm ridiculous.)

Since Tyler has a week and a half until his school starts (he'll be going M-F for just 3 hours per day) we've been spending some quality time together.

Mom's Club Park Day


Eric & Tyler

Eric, Tyler, William (W's momma. Nikki) and Grant

It's hard for me to accept that school starts the first part of August now. I would have loved to have another month off. To me the "dog days of summer" take place in August. We would lounge around, bask in the heat, be bored, but all the while make great memories of Summer Vacation.

I could maybe-also just be mourning the fact that my babies are growing up and for the first time I will have a chunk of the day (3 hours) with only myself.
I'm off to grab a tissue. ;)

No comments: