Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tyler's First Day of School

Today was Tyler's first day of Pre-K!!

Before I get to that let me show some pics from Tyler's last day of Summer Vacation.
L and T had some friends over (Dylan and Jake) to celebrate.

the boys
T & J

the girls
D & L

all the friends
L,J,T&D

After a fun day of playing Tyler was ready to get down to business.

My big boy is ready for Pre-K.


What a handsome boy!
(I'm told he favors me.)

and off he goes
Since I didn't walk Tyler into his classroom I told him if he needed help all he had to do was ask a grown-up which way to go to his teacher's class. Right when the "grown-up" opened the door to our car in the carpool line, Tyler said to her, "I think I need some help to get to Mrs. L's class."

After that I knew my social butterfly would be just fine.

And fine he was. When I picked him up from school he was non-stop-talk about what fun he had: He told his class about his stuffed puppy "Ruff Ruff" which he brought to share and he played with a girl in a purple shirt with hair like his. (blond...but not boy-cut short.) There were more boys than girls (which he liked) and he already knew the blessing they sang before snack time.

I know he's going to enjoy Pre-K but I am sure going to miss him when he's gone.

Lauren must have sensed this was a special day for Tyler.
In order to partially stay in the limelight, my sweet 1st-grader somehow knocked her 'just a little bit loose' tooth out on the bus ride home.

Like any other day she ran from the bus to the house, all sweaty from the heat and humidity. She mumbled something to me as she ran by me in the driveway. "Mommy, I losthed ma toosth." As she burst into the house I realized what she had said.

Wow! Lost another tooth...I knew one was a little bit loose but I'm just a Mom and I (according to Lauren) don't know much about life. Well I started looking through her backpack for a tooth in a plastic baggie or something of the sort. When I didn't find it I asked her where her tooth was..."did you swallow it?" "No," Lauren said. "It's in my mouth." At that point I did what any good mother does and put my hand out in front of her mouth. Sure enough she spit out a cute little top tooth who's gap will now extend the still missing two front teeth.

And here is the photo to prove it.

Tooth Number Seven
Tooth Fairy...I hope you are reading this!

1 comment:

g.g. said...

WAY TO GO lAUREN, NOT TAKING ANY CHANCE ON MISSING OUR ON THE "TOOTH FAIRY"
SO PROUD OF TYLER HE IS VERY SOCIABLE/SMART AND WILL HAVE A GOOD TIME AT SCHOOL..BUT THE BACK PACK LOOKS AWFULLY BIG FOR MY LITTLE GREAT GRANDSON