Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vacation 2010: Redwood Forest

On our way to Sacramento, CA (to visit PaPa, Mema and numerous Aunts, Uncles and Cousins) we took a detour off of I-5 at Grants Pass, Oregon and headed toward the Pacific. I wanted to take a detour through the Redwood Forest. I have great memories of the giant trees and I want to make sure my children remember (and love) them as well. On our way to the Redwoods we stopped a number of times just to take in the scenery.



We finally stopped for the night in Crescent City, CA. (one of the Northern most coastal cities in California) We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Much to my enjoyment...$$not so much Matt's$$... they only had the suites left.

our room

our view
Matt and Lauren are down below flying the kite.
(see them? see the kite?)
(It was too cold for Tyler and I.)

The next day we made our way to the Redwood Forest. "This Land was Made for You and Me."

We had to stop by and see Paul Bunyan and is ox, Babe.


poor Babe...he remained steady and calm though.
We decided not to pay to see the Trees of Mystery. Instead we stopped along the way to check out (free of charge) the other giant trees of the Redwood Forest.




These were some HUGE trees. Awe-mazing!



L & T are playing INSIDE of a tree.

This was such an amazing detour that Matt and I plan to do this again and again.

Finally we made our way to the suburbs of Sacramento, CA and enjoyed time with our family.
cousins: Hailey, Lauren and Joseph
more of SAC to come!

No comments: