Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tyler Wayne...my little ladies man

Here, my little stud is modeling the new living room. (at least it looks new, no?) I had Matt bring up the rug we had all rolled up and put away in the basement (this used to be in the dining room before we turned it into a playroom.) I tried to get him to bring up the love seat by himself but he claimed he needed some help. Of course he meant me! So I helped him bring the sofa up (he won't admit it but I did most of the work.) This definitely makes the room feel more comfortable for entertaining. For some reason the kids don't see a love seat...they see a Jungle Gym. Although they know proper furniture etiquette, for some reason they just can't help themselves from climbing over, jumping on/off, and hanging all over it. (here are some mild Jungle Gym photos...I can't encourage the other behavior by taking a picture...you understand, right?!)
Last night while I made dinner Matt did some yard work. For extra poker money he mowed and edged Buddy's lawn and while he was at it he edged our lawn too. Not pictured is Tyler chasing Matt around with his toy lawn mower. He was a big helper.
For dinner I made Chicken Noodle Soup from scratch. It was delish! I didn't buy the whole chicken as the recipe requested but I did put myself out there and bought chicken breasts ON THE BONE! I have never bought anything other than boneless, skinless chicken breasts but in my attempt to save money I am going to buy split chicken breasts with ribs. It is so much cheaper! This way I'll be able to make my own chicken stock (not broth...thanks Dana for that important information!) to freeze for later use too.
Today, after I dropped Lauren off at school I set Tyler up in the basement to watch "Elmo's Potty Time" while I worked out like a mad woman. As a mad woman I walked 4 minutes and jogged 6 minutes and repeated that 4 times. (like I said...a Mad Woman)
After my shower Tyler and I headed to Kroger to pick up a few things and I saw THIS in the parking lot. (and NO I'm not referring to the minivan...just the front License Plate!!) See! There's at least a couple of us Oregonians down here!
In Kroger, Tyler absolutely stole the heart of a sweet little Grandma. Since she only had a few things in her "buggy" I let her go ahead of me in line. She was putty in Tyler's hands after that. She asked me if he would enjoy a candy bar. I said of course he would but that's really not necessary. Oh no, she insisted on buying him a Hershey's candy bar since he reminded her of her own (now grown) grandchildren. She was the definition of a sweet little ole' Southern Lady.

This afternoon we had Lea come over to play. She plays just as well with Tyler as she does with Lauren. They are the perfect trio. Very little fighting and a whole lot of playing together.
Just look at the way Tyler looks at her. (all together now..."ahh, how sweet!")

This evening we went to Lauren's Spring Program at her school.
I dropped her off in her classroom before I went to the worship center where the program was taking place. Here is a picture of Kylie and Lauren before the program.
While we were waiting for the pre-schoolers and kindergateners to get situated, Tyler discovered a hymnal from the back of the pew. I have not taught him anything about sheet music but he immediately recognized it as music and started to sing. I am 100% positive he learned this from watching Little Einsteins! He's a genius, I tell ya.

And At Last! The concert begins. Lauren is the one BEAMING! She did great with her hand movements but I didn't really see her singing that much. It was fun, however, to see the whole school show off what they've been practicing for so long now.
And here is Tyler patiently waiting for it to be over.
What a doll! My little ladies man.

No comments: