Monday, March 9, 2009

where did the week go?!

Well my Mom has mentioned TWICE that it has been while since I blogged. Since she actually sent two e-mails I figured she must be serious. And you don't want to mess with her when she's serious. ...Unless, of course, you are my 23-yr-old-baby-brother Brian and in his case he could get away with murder. But that's another story....

I'm not sure why I haven't posted in awhile. Honestly, I'm not really sure what I've been doing and if it's been anything blog worthy. Let's take a minute or 20 to run down the days and catch up.

last Tuesday:
I made Lighter Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Homemade Sandwich Rolls, Slow Cooker Pinto Beans with Bacon for dinner.
I was impressed with my sandwich rolls. So of course I documented their birth.

out of the bread machine and rolled into ballsafter rising for 1 hour; ready for the oven
fresh out of the oven
don't they look like the kind you pay big bucks for at the grocery store?

Here's the completed meal.
The pulled pork sandwich was awesome but the beans were just so-so. (So so-so that the left-overs are still in my fridge, soon to be in my trash.)


Wednesday:
I hosted the Mom's Club weekly playgroup. This is Tyler's playgroup since Lauren is at school when we meet. Three boys and three girls make up the group. I really enjoy hanging out with their mom's and all the kids (especially the boys) enjoy hanging out together. That night Lauren made the Roasted Vegetable Pasta from one of her cookbooks. Having her cook some meals is a genius idea. For example, this meal had eggplant, garlic, onions, zucchini and tomatoes and She Ate It ALL! Even her Daddy picked out the eggplant but not her.

After dinner I left the kids with Matt and I went to my new Bible study. We are working through the book "Know That You Know" which was written by our pastor Ken and some other smart church folk.
Thursday:
On my way to take Lauren to school I snapped a photo of Frosty Lime on what turned out to be the last day of his existence since the temps significantly warmed up.
till we meet again, Frosty.

After dropping Lauren off at school Tyler and I went to volunteer at church. Well he just played and had snacks while I did the volunteering. If you're interested, I help to prepare the material they teach to the pre-schoolers during the weekend services. I also get to enjoy some fun and informative conversation with my fellow church friends.

Before we took off for Community Group I made up Baked Penne with Chicken and Sun-dried Tomatoes & corn. I actually made up enough to feed 2 families so I called Dana and offered her the second serving. They were happy to have it and it actually worked out in our favor since they invited us to a Cook Out the next day. (that's the southern way to say BBQ.)

Friday: We had our Cook Out and hung with the Hancocks for the evening. Mr. Mike joined us for dinner and then he left Tera to spend the night with Lauren.

Saturday:
The weather was UnBelievably Gorrrrrgeous so we spent A LOT of time out doors this weekend.
purple sand

Of course, Matt had some projects.

regrouting our shower (this is still in progress so we have been showering in Tyler's bathroom.)
Aerating the yard
(it's about time that boy got off his rump and did something....Just Kidding! That was Totally Sarcastic if you are lobotomized and couldn't tell.)

It was so beautiful and warm on Saturday that the Ice Cream Man took advantage. Mr. Buddy bought Lauren a Sponge Bob ice-cream cone since neither her Mommy nor Daddy had any cash on hand. About 20 minutes after this picture Dana and I chased the dude down (in her jeep, of course) to get a second serving. =)
Saturday night we had the whole gang over for dinner again. I made the Irish Beef Hand Pies which were on the menu but to make sure I had enough food I found this recipe for Creamed Chicken & Biscuits in my "to be made" folder. The Hand Pies were nothing special but the Chicken and Biscuits were given rave reviews.
After dinner we popped some popcorn, listened to music (XM Radio channel 9 "90s Pop Hits") and enjoyed each other's company.



Sunday: I spent all day trying to adjust to the time change. There just wasn't enough time to get everything (read: anything) done. Matt was nice enough to do my weekly grocery shopping while he got the oil changed in the Denali since I was completely unmotivated.
Today, Monday: Lauren had school and Tyler and I played at home. His latest favorite show is "Imagination Movers." They do a lot of dancing on the show and at the start of every song he shouts to me that it's time to dance. And then, boy oh boy, Do We Dance. He's got some moves for a little guy.
This afternoon Miss Maria took Lauren and Lea to their dance class. This is the second time that she's taken the girls by herself. I owe her big time. It was very nice though not to have to wake up Tyler from his nap and take a grumpy almost 3 year old to Lauren's dance class. To reward her for her kindness I invited her and Lea over for dinner tomorrow. Matt is making an overnight trip to Fernandina Beach, FL for work and Maria's husband is working out of town too. So instead of eating alone we might as well get the girls (and Tyler) together and enjoy a meal.
Now I am about to plop myself in front of the TV and start pricing clothes for the upcoming consignment sale. Enjoy your evening y'all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to brag or anything but don't forget that I also spray foamed the oven vent, and changed the oil in my Honda, and cleaned and oiled the K&N filter in the Denali. And then today I spread weed killer and pre-emergent on our big 'ole yard! And finally I was in the money tonight at poker!

brian said...

murder? don't insult me! we're talking multiple murders, i mean mass murders. all because i'm the baby