Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Five Years Ago

Five Years Ago...
I was not a Mom. I was a Wonderful Wife...a horribly-uncomfortable-8-months-pregnant yet Wonderful Wife (right Matt?!!!) At about this time (adjusted for the West Coast) I was celebrating my Baby Shower thrown by my super awesome co-workers at Holt International Children's Services in Eugene, Oregon. That baby shower got my baby so excited to come out and see her loot that she demanded to be born the next day...(a whole 4 weeks early!)

And I can't believe that tomorrow will be 5 years from that day. My baby turning 5 is almost as hard to comprehend as the day I turned 30. Life is sure an adventure...a wonderful, blessed adventure. I'm thankful for every second of it.

I'm thankful for today. (this is a lame lead-in to a change of subject...)

While Lauren was at school, I did a little work on my Consignment Sale labeling. I have all the clothes laid out by size and now I'm going through and marking the price on all of them. It makes for a very messy living room but hopefully this will make me finish the task more quickly.

I was pleasantly interrupted often by Tyler who was watching "Imagination Movers." He informed me whenever it was time to dance. Here are a couple shots of his slick moves.

Heck, it was so cute that I even took a short video. Keep in mind that as I'm filming this I'm also dancing...That should explain any "sea-sickness" you may feel while watching.




After school, Lauren was invited to play with our neighbor Lea instead of taking a nap. I asked her if she would rather 1. take a nap or 2. go play with Lea. She told me she was going to choose the "fun answer." Can y'all guess?

From 2:30 to 4:30 she was having a blast at Lea's house. While Lauren was at Lea's house and Tyler was napping I made some cupcakes to bring to Lauren's school to celebrate her birthday tomorrow. I also prepped the Ham and Potato Soup for dinner. Since Lea's Dad is out of town tonight I invited Lea and her Mom (Miss Maria) over for dinner and for some more playtime. Dinner (Chunky Ham and Potato Soup) was thoroughly enjoyed by us adults and briefly (2 bites each...maybe) enjoyed by the kids. But they sure did enjoy playing together.

After dinner they played on the back deck.
When it was time for Lea and Miss Maria to leave everyone gave everyone hugs. Only one hug was caught on camera. (all together now...."Ahhh How Sweeeet.")
Have a Sweet Evening Y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep u were a wonderful wife and still are...