Thursday, March 19, 2009

the week in review

With all the fantastic creative wordy stuff that goes on on this blog I feel I must confess that I do occasionally get some help from Chloe the Cat. A purr if you like it and a hiss if you don't. It works for us.Here's another unimportant and random observation: My hand mixer is right handed. While using my left hand to mix up some yummy goodies I always have to maneuver around the cord. bah humbug.
So anyway back to the post of the week.
Monday, I took Lauren and Lea to their dance class. Tyler also got to accompany us. It had been a couple of weeks since I went and it was so neat to see the improvements and progress Lauren has made. She really enjoys her time at class...both ballet and tap. A big surprise was that I actually saw someone who I knew there. (Since I moved from the West Coast to the East Coast...I RARELY run into ANYONE I know.) One of the kids who took swim lessons with Lauren during the summer before actually takes dance classes at the same place. Sophie (her swim lesson friend) was just making up a class but it sure felt great for me to be able to recognize and connect with someone I knew. I don't think people who have not made a big move in their life will recognize/understand what I'm talking about.
Tuesday, Lauren went to play with Lea after school. I dropped her off at 1pm and left her with Miss Maria while I went home to do Important Stuff. (nap.) When I went to pick Lauren up Miss Maria insisted I just leave Lauren AND TYLER there while I prepped and made dinner. Miss Maria is a Godsend.
Wednesday was Cowgirl day at Lauren's school. She was a little bit grumpy that morning so her smile was a bit forced. But with her hair in double braids she sure looked CuTe! (actually, we didn't have any cowgirl clothes so we borred a plaid shirt and hat from neighbor Shep.) Cowgirl, Sailor?!
Today, Thursday, Lauren went to school and Tyler and I went to volunteer at church. As usual, he said "I don't want to go to church." But as usual, when I checked up on him he was having a great time playing with the other kids.
After church we went to pick Lauren up from school and then drop her off at one of her school friend's house to play for the afternoon. This was the first time that I've taken her to a friend's house and just dropped her off. (other than leaving her with a baby-sitter or one of our neighbors.) I'm both excited and a little bit remorseful about this part of life.
After Tyler's nap we picked Lauren up and brought her home. At home we played and waited for Daddy to get home from his business trip to Memphis. (I want to go to Memphis...just to say I've been to Graceland.) After Matt got home the kids and him enjoyed the waning sunlight in the backyard.
Some baseball...my Dad would be Proud! (notice...the grass is starting to turn green again...the weeds always turn green first.)

The kids also played on Mr. Buddy's playset.
LAUREN HAS JUST STARTED TO SWING BY HERSELF.
She actually taught herself to pump...FINALLY!

Tyler, in true younger brother style, tried to sabotage sister's efforts with a long stick.

And then it was back to more baseball. Neighbor Shep is a baseball legend among the local 1st graders and he has the Coolest Baseball Gear. So of course, Tyler wanted to try it out. (No he's not left-handed...he already swung through and missed. I wonder why?...just judging by his foot placement.)
After a couple of swings, my macho man decided to play a different game called "Waterfall" in which you pretend the baseball tee is a waterfall. ...O c'mon...don't pretend you never played Waterfall with a Baseball Tee.

And that brings you up to date. Now it's time to watch some pointless TV until it's time for bed.

1 comment:

g.g. said...

Christine, My special Girl, don't ever "Let" winter make you sad, you have so much to be excited and happy about. aka Matt, Lauren and Tyler. Just rmember you could be here in the rain an cold for 9 months of winter.