Monday, October 19, 2009

you've got to pick your battles

Tyler wanted to wear his soccer cleats again today.
I said, "No Problem!"
Well turns out, he wanted to ONLY wear his soccer cleats.
Since you've got to pick your battles I shrugged and said again, "No Problem."
However, when it was time to go to Publix to pick up the weekly penny item (this week it was Publix brand candy) I made him put on some clothes....he still got to wear the soccer cleats though. After Publix we stopped by JC Penny to take advantage of their big sale this week. The kiddos got to pick out two sets of Pajamas to get them through the winter.

Here they are modeling their brand new PJs. Tyler is sporting some Lightening McQueens and Lauren chose satin bottom PJs with a triple cupcake shirt. And although they
are standing on the sofa (breaking a house rule) I chose to pick my battles and ignore this one.
Dinner tonight was healthy, light and very very good. I made Turkey Gyros* from my new magazine. (I substituted chicken breast for the turkey since that's what I had on hand but otherwise followed the instructions.) My Secret Mom** gave me the latest issue of Diabetic Cooking, which is where I found the recipe. At first I was confused (since I don't have diabetes...yet) but after looking at the recipes I was very intrigued. All the recipes fall low in the Weight Watcher's points range and this particular issue had a Greek cuisine theme. Two things which I admire the most in a recipe. If you're counting Weight Watcher's points, definitely look into Diabetic Magazines and cookbooks. (I bet they're cheaper than the Weight Watchers cookbooks!)
*Gyros: Some claim this is pronounced "YEAR-Os" but I prefer to use the "g" and pronounce it how it's spelled. "GI-ros" I do this solely to irritate Matt...and yes I will order them this way in a restaurant just to see the scowl on his face. =)
**Secret Mom: I have a Secret Mom from my Mom's Club. Every month we give a small gift to our Secret Mom without revealing ourselves. This is a lot of fun and so far my Secret Mom has been a lot cooler than I am! (I apologize to the recipient of my Secret Mom gifts.)

1 comment:

brian said...

hahahaha. tyler the exhibitionist.