Friday, October 16, 2009

A Whole Lot of Fun Day

So what about the Balloon Boy family?! Publicity stunt or what?! Actually, I wasted too much time following that yesterday...I don't want to continue today.

Instead, lets talk about our "Whole Lot of Fun Day" we had.

Lauren didn't have school today. Today and Monday are both teacher work days or something or other so we decided to take advantage of the chilly day off and join the Mom's club on a trip to Uncle Bob's Pumpkin Patch. Lauren wanted to wear her green skirt, hot pink t-shirt and white Barbie shoes. I said fine, but insisted she also wear some tights and a sweater. Tyler's only request was to wear his "special shoes called cleats." I thought his request was a great idea due to the potential mud. We picked up neighbor Lea to join us and then we were on our way.

There was a large enough group of us that we had our own tour guide.
First stop: Story Time
Tyler, Lea and Lauren found a seat in the front row.
Next Stop: Hay Ride. (This was the trio's favorite activity) Due to the immense amount of rain we've been getting, the Hay Ride travelled over some muddy (MUDDY!) tracks. Let's just say I was glad NOT to be on the back end of the ride.
Lea found a friend from her Pre-School class. She was pretty excited to get to hang out with Teddy. Both Teddy's Mom (to my right) and I were trying to take pictures of the two. I'm pretty sure neither of us got a picture where they both looked at the same camera.
After the Hay Ride it was off to the Petting Zoo. Tyler wanted to pet "the animal that said BAA." He would go in for a quick touch and then back up a couple of feet and then go back in again. Lauren and Lea were much more comfortable.
After thoroughly washing our hands, Lauren requested a picture of the trio on the rock. And what the girl wants she (occasionally) gets. Check out the mud behind them...Awesome! and plentiful.
Toward the end of our visit we got to watch some Pottery Making. L and T were VERY impressed with this. Lauren was asking questions and being very assertive!! (go girl.) They were amazed at how vases and cups were made so quickly and out of a dusty chunk of clay.
Here Tyler is telling me all about it.

Soon it was time to head home. At home we had lunch and then did some playing.
It's a lot of fun to watch them play together. A lot of times one of them is the Mommy/Daddy and the other two are the Doggies. This provides at least an hour of entertainment.
Later, I asked the kiddos if they wanted to take a nap OR... go play at Lea's house. Surprisingly, they all chose to go play at Lea's house. So off they went.
While they were away I got the basement ready for our little party we're hosting this weekend and did some general cleaning. It's amazing at how much I can get done when the kiddos are away. Thank You Maria...I'm not sure what I'd do without you.
Before dinner I walked over to pick up L and T from Miss Maria's house. When Tyler saw me he tilted his head back, opened his mouth and with a painful expression let out the most pathetic "I don't want to go home" cry you could imagine. So sad...So sad. (He does this every time he has to leave Lea's house.)
Back home we ate dinner, bathed and watched movies until Daddy FINALLY got home safe and sound from his way-too-long work trip. We sure missed him.
And that pretty much concludes our "Whole Lot of Fun Day." I hope y'alls was comparable.
Quote of the night:
Tyler (hopping out of bed and running down the hall toward Lauren's room:) "I need to tuck Lauren night-night." He then climbed up on her bed and gave her the family traditional hug, kiss, and nose kiss. He's such a sweet boy!

Night Night Y'all.

1 comment:

Anne Carlisle said...

I'm super impressed that not only did you let Lauren wear her white shoes but a white sweater, and white tights.....and she was still pretty white by the end of the trip. You are a brave and very nice mom:)