Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekly Menu 7-1-2012

Sunday:  Beef Pozole, salad, chips, salsa, applesauce
(notes:  instead of Beef Shank, which my local Kroger didn't carry, I used Short Ribs and instead of "Mexican-style hominy" I just added a can of drained diced tomatoes to the regular yellow hominy, and I did not add the "pasilla-guajillo salsa."  This was Delish.)

Monday:    Shrimp and Chorizo in Garlic Sauce over rotini pasta, & salad
(notes:  I did not use 1 1/2 c. olive oil as called for!!  I added 2T. to start, per the directions, but then just added 1T. when it called for "the remaining oil."  Instead of serving on bread I served it over pasta.  A hit with the family as well as Big Tyler and Tera.)

Tuesday:  Spicy Macaroni and Cheese & corn (Daddy and Tyler to watch the Braves game)
Wednesday:  4th of July!  Parade, Partners Pizza & Fireworks.  Happy Birthday USA!
Thursday:  Skillet Chicken with Rhubarb and Onions (if I can find rhubarb - maybe Whole Foods?), fruit & green beans
Friday:  Bacon Cheeseburger Roll-up, oven fries & salad
Saturday:  Shredded Pork and Bean Panuchos with Pickled Habanero and Onions (Cochinita Pibil)
Sunday:  left-overs or pantry meal

No comments: