Monday, July 19, 2010

We're Back and Better than Ever

We arrived home safe and sound early (1am) Sunday morning. Our flight was delayed twice but eventually we made it home from vacation. Did you even know we were on vacation?

We left the deep South for the great Northwest and visited Idaho, Oregon, California and enjoyed a quick but lucrative stop in Reno, Nevada before heading back home. It was the best vacation ever. I highly recommend taking 3 weeks off in a row. It really rejuvenates the soul (or whichever cliche speaks to you the most.)

I haven't yet sorted through all the great pictures we took but we did jump right back into things with Doctor visits for both L and T this Monday morning.

Lauren measured up at 46 lbs and 47 inches. She falls into the 65th percentile. (Doc says she'll probably be around 5'6" tall.)

And Tyler was 42 lbs and 43 inches tall. He's in the 85th percentile. (with a projected height of 6'1")

While Lauren had only one immunization today (in which she did not shed a tear) my poor son had FOUR! He was a trooper for the first two but the second two really took their toll.

Here are his battle scars.

This is the face he made while getting the s-h-o-t-s.

We found these t-shirts in a dumpster.
just kidding!
GO Broncos
(GO easy on my Ducks!)
I loved everything about vacation but I'm SO glad to be back into my own kitchen. We ate delicious home cooked meals for the most part but we also ate more fast food than my body can handle. No more chicken nuggets and french fries for a long long time. Tonight we had...
Tomato-and-Corn Pizza
(before the oven)

(after the oven)
topped with torn basil

the crust was burnt because I made my own pizza dough instead of using Boboli but the flavor was fantastic. Lauren and Tyler both ate their entire serving.
I served it with a green salad and dinner was complete.


Tomorrow I'll be working on the pictures from vacation. More posts to come. G'night Y'all.

1 comment:

Claudine said...

OMG...I wondered if you were ever coming back!! Lurking around your blog is no fun when there isn't anything new to read. :-)