Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out there...biological or not.

We celebrated our Father's Day st Six Flags Over Georgia....in the sticky 90-something degree weather. WOW! It was hot, Hot and HOT but we still had a good time. We went with Frederick and Maria and their daughter Lea.
Lauren

Tyler
(someday I'll learn how to turn the pictures around)

Lea

Lea's in there somewhere.


Me and Maria

the trio



Unfortunately, there are no pictures of Matt on this Father's Day. That's a shame because he is The Best Father EVER! (I know a lot of people claim this but I'm actually being truthful!) We Love You Daddy!!!!

And since it's Father's Day, of course, I have to mention my own father.

I saw this poem recently (on the internet) and thought I'd post it even though it doesn't exactly capture the relationship I had with my Dad. For example, if I gave him roses he wouldn't know what to do with them (other than give them to my Mom to take care of) and like my husband he would have thought them to be a waste of money. =) But the last few lines are very true to my heart.
Happy Father's Day, Dad.


If roses grow in Heaven Lord
Please pick a bunch for me.
Place them in my father’s arms
and tell him they’re from me.
Tell him I love him and miss him,
and when he turns to smile,
Place a kiss upon his cheek
and hold him for a while.
Because remembering him is easy,
I do it everyday,
But there is an ache within my heart
That will never go away.

And like I said before...Happy Father's Day to all you fathers and father figures out there.

No comments: