Saturday, June 19, 2010

Baby, It's Hot Outside

When it gets this hot outside (May and June have been sizzling) we take our entertainment indoors.
Lauren had her dance recital.
She was a Rodeo Girl.
They tap danced to this song.
She wore a cowgirl hat on stage so don't give me any flack about her scraggly hair-do.
Tyler likes his naps on hot days.
He prefers to take them on the sofa despite all the commotion.

While Daddy installed the new heavy duty TV wall mount...

Tyler slept through the whole thing.

When he woke up he and Lauren did some Wii Yoga.

It's great for the body and the mind.

When they aren't playing at Lea's house, Lea is playing at ours.
We escape the heat with help from the sprinkler.

and then we "chill"
serious "chilling"

the Jeeps create a nice breeze in Rabbit Speed

the Jeeps aren't afraid of hills nor sprinklers

Eventually the heat wins and everyone naps.

I woke him up at 5:30pm.
How will he ever go to bed at 8 o'clock now?

Tilt your head sideways for this next one.
Since Tyler napped so long we all watched a Netflix-via the-Wii movie that night.

Annie (rated PG...don't tell!)
The only thing the kids took from this movie was Miss Hannigan's "Kill, Kill, Kill" line.
I hear it all the time now.
(maybe they aren't ready for PG movies)
Last night I coerced Mr. Mike to watch our kiddos while Matt and I joined some friends for the Wine About the Economy event in downtown Newnan. We had fun tasting different wines while checking out the local merchants. We ended the evening with a delicious dinner at Ten East Washington. My $75 coupon (I bought for only $9) from Restaurant.com made it even more enjoyable/affordable.

Today we went with Dave and Troy to see Toy Story 3 in 3-D!!
This was my first 3-D movie and it rocked!
Tyler loved it

and so did Lauren.


Well, I really can't stay
(but baby it's hot outside)
I've got to go away
(but baby it's hot outside)

This evening is going to be relaxing and very low-key.
Matt and I will play around with our new Direct TV we had installed the other day and then we will go to bed...by 10pm at the latest.

Stay cool, y'all.

Happy Father's Day tomorrow...we have 6 Flags of Fun planned.

No comments: