Friday, December 18, 2009

Kindergarten Christmas Party

I walked into a Kindergarten class full of happy and screaming children today. When I arrived Lauren and her classmates were opening presents from their teachers. It was so loud and obviously Lauren and her friends loved their gifts. (2010 calendar, coloring book, colored pencils and lots of candy)

After the opening of the presents the activities began. Lauren decorated a foam snowflake ornament.
And then it was time to decorate the sugar cone Christmas tree. Green icing, sprinkles, skinny licorice and M&Ms made a beautiful tree. Lauren decided not to eat it in class so I brought it home with me.
Lauren had a great time at the party and I got to chat with some of the other Moms and Dads. I met yet another parent who had ties to Oregon today. It's a small world folks....(or Oregon just ROCKS!)
After school today marked the beginning of Christmas break. No school for two and a half weeks. I will enjoy the sleeping in but will have to find some entertaining things to do to occupy our days. Please send your family friendly ideas our way.

No comments: