Wednesday, December 16, 2009

hungry?

It's been awhile since I've posted a weekly menu or a picture of our dinner. Don't worry, we've still been eating. I've made enough "different" recipes lately, enough so, that the other day Matt kindly asked for something normal. He requested Spaghetti with Meat Sauce. I made this for him yesterday but did not take a picture. C'mon it's Spaghetti with Meat Sauce. Google search it if you haven't heard of it.

And now on to my "different" recipes. I finished up my month of Real Simple recipes with this Chicken with Spinach and Mushrooms. I also added some pomegranate arils on the side. (All the healthy living blogs I read are raving about them.)
Today, while Matt and the kiddos enjoyed leftover Spaghetti and Meat Sauce, I made myself Quinoa-Stuffed Yellow Bell Peppers.

the quinoa mixture
(w/ red onions, spinach, kidney beans and carrots)
Served with apple slices and carrot sticks. The stuffed bell pepper was good but could have used some more cheese. I have some quinoa leftovers to make into burritos for tomorrow.


Even Matt said he may have a quinoa burrito. You heard it hear first, folks. =)

Happy Eating.

2 comments:

Milagros said...

Hey Christine .... el pimiento relleno me recuerda a un plato de entrada riquísimo de Perú. El famoso rocoto relleno. Un día de éstos voy a copiar esta receta.

Christine said...

Mili, Yo quiero la receta tuya del rocoto relleno! I looked it up on the internet and it looks delish.

http://www.rocoto.com/recipes/7-Rocoto%20Relleno.html