Thursday, December 24, 2009

friends

Ever since school got out for Christmas break Lauren and Tyler have been playing with friends. Every morning, right after breakfast they ask if anyone is coming over today. Here are some shots of them playing with their friends.

Ian came over all by himself (well, his Mom dropped him off.)
This was Ian's first big boy play-date.
They both had fun.

Emma came over too and she entertained everyone with a puppet show.
She had us all laughing hard.

this scene stars Dr. Scarecrow and Smiley Face.
A little while later, Tera joined the fun too.

After the show Emma signed autographs.
yes, she's for real!

then the puppet madness began

I was feeling a bit psychotic so I made up some sugar cookies and let the children decorate them.
Emma

Tera

Later, after Ian went home, the girls spent the night.
Lots of Lego Fun

The slumber party went great. We had Buddy, Dana, and Shep and Mike, and son Tyler over too. All the kids ran around and stayed up way too late. When I told them it was bed time, however, the girls all settled down together in the king size guest bed and immediately fell asleep.

A few days later Ian came back over to play while his Mom was at an appointment. This time his younger brother Eric got to stay too and I was able to get my baby fix.
I didn't take any pictures of L, T or Ian but I did get a bunch of shots of Eric.
He was being so cute.


I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of our out of town guests! Monday and Tuesday our friends Jason and Kellie came to visit all the way from Mobile. Monday night we went to the Fantasy in Lights at Callaway Gardens. I brought two thermoses full of hot chocolate and we bundled up and drove through the musical light display with our windows down. We really enjoyed spending time with our friends and the kiddos especially liked playing with Preston and Sophia.

Yesterday as we said "goodbye" to our Mobile friends we said "hello" to Lea. She came over to play while her parents packed and got ready for their Christmas trip to Iowa. They ran around inside and outside and finally I turned on a Christmas movie so they would settle down.

Tyler immediately, fell asleep but they girls watched the Tom and Jerry Christmas movie.


Of course, they asked who was coming over to play today. Since it is Christmas Eve I had to tell them that it's a family day today. We'll be busy making reindeer food and cookies for Santa.

oh strike that. As I'm writing this Joshua just came over to see if L and T could play. It looks like it will be another friend filled day.

I hope your Christmas break is full of family, friends and fun.

No comments: