Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Feast

I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. We certainly enjoyed a delicious meal with our little family of four. I am so grateful for my family and all we are blessed with. Here is your special invitation to reminisce with me our Thanksgiving dinner. (most recipes are from the Oct/Nov issue of Taste of Home Magazine)

The turkey breast (we didn't need a whole bird) grilling on the charcoal grill.
We were going to use the smoker but it wouldn't fire and we were two hours to meal time.
The picture isn't that great but it's the best one I have that does not have the garbage can in it.
How appetizing would it be to see a turkey breast being grilled 10 inches from the can.
oops I've said too much

Lauren is patiently waiting to eat so let us get on with the dishes.

I think you need a membership in order to access the recipe...
(Christine whispers: "e-mail me")
un-peeled! mashed potatoes with milk, cream, garlic salt & pepper
no recipe necessary
(that's Lauren's hand, not Vanna's)
(although the website gave it 5/5 stars...we threw the leftovers away, hmmm)
Gravy (from a packet)
Carrot and Celery sticks
Grandma Anna's Baked Corn Casserole
(based on this recipe)
and
I'm not a fan of cranberry sauce so was very pleased to find this substitution. This recipe has been added to our Traditional Thanksgiving Meal folder.
The crock pot contains the "Everything" Stuffing
This will also be a regular as it was delicious with Italian sausage, mushrooms, apples, celery and onions.
A green salad was also included and enjoyed by only Lauren and I.
Lauren is now seriously ready to eat so let's finish this up!
I think the eyes say it all.
(either "Take the Picture NOW!" or "Wow, this Food is A-mazing")
If he's smart he meant the latter.

oh and don't let me forget
For dessert I made
divine!
this pic is before I used the Coleman propane tank to scorch a tablespoon of sugar on the top.
(hey, not everyone has (nor needs) a creme brulee torch)
Buen Provecho, Bon Appetit,
I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

brian said...

looks like a good meal. glad you clarified that hand... i couldn't understand why Vanna would be at your house.