Tuesday, November 24, 2009

fun at home

It's Thanksgiving Break this week. No school, no ballet, no soccer practice... all week long. The kids wake up at 7:00am but Matt and I get to sleep in until 8:00. At night I set the TV to the Disney channel (ch. 39) and when the kiddos wake up they go downstairs by themselves and turn on the TV. Showing them how to turn on the TV has saved me hours of sleep and counting. I'm willing to give up my Parent of the Year Award in order to sleep in that extra hour.

We've spent a lot of time playing with friends this Thanksgiving Break. While waiting to go over to Lea's house yesterday, Tyler put on his "sad face."

Lauren requested a special hair-do before she went to Lea's house. She picked out the adornments and I simply added them to her hair. Pretty cute, No?!
And...if I do anything to Lauren then Tyler, of course, wants the same attention. So to be fair, I decorated his hair up to. Just don't tell him about this when he grows up. [wink]
Today (Wednesday) was a fun day filled with our playgroup friends and later Lea came over to play for the afternoon. At playgroup I asked Tyler if he was having fun and he told me that he was and he wanted "...to stay here for weeks."
I remind him that Lea was coming over in the afternoon so he reluctantly agreed to come home with me.
I didn't get any pictures of the kiddos playing this afternoon but they all had a great time. Lea was here and Jake and Dylan came over as well. They've all gotten to the age where they can play (for the most part) unsupervised...and they seem to play better when they are all together (as opposed to just Lauren and Tyler... <<>>)
For dinner I made "Seashell Hot Dog Bake." I've made this before (and if you know me I rarely repeat a recipe) but this seemed like an easy pre-Thanksgiving dinner. (One which I could count on the kids eating.)
Matt said Yumm numerous times ...so it must be good. I served the Seashell Hot Dog Bake with a side salad and a glass of milk. (I've started to add the milk to Matt and My dinner's since we don't seem to get enough.)

Happy Thanksgiving, Y'ALL!

No comments: