Saturday, March 24, 2012

Eight is Great!

Has it really been Eight Years since I met my baby girl?!

minutes old   ----------   hours old
(check out the huge newborn diaper)
It's hard work being born 4 weeks early.

I obviously haven't aged at all but my sweet, talented, likes to be independent, beautiful, Eight-Year-Old girl sure has.

The birthday girl thoroughly enjoyed a week long celebration of her Eighth Year.

American Girl Store trip
Lucky for her Grammy and GG were here when we went to the American Girl store in Atlanta.  I'm pretty sure we alone kept the store in the black that day.  She brought her dolls and they both had their hair done at the "salon."

ACC Title Game
The next day (L's actual birthday) we went to the ACC title game and got to see FSU play (and unfortunately beat) UNC.

Momma and Lauren
She's one excited girl...

who's really glad she brought her DS to get her through 2/3rds of the game.

Birthday Day Celebrations
first car ride as an 8-year-old and without her booster seat, opening presents, playing with presents (new AG curler set & chair),  and posing with Emma

Birthday Day Celebrations continued
Cake!!, being silly with GG, the both of them finally listening to me when I said I wanted a good picture.

The Birthday Party!
-at the skating rink-

"M," Matt, and "R" speed skating and "Rh" skating by herself   
ready for pizza and cake, finally got a picture of Tyler

my favorite part of the party was when they announced the RACES!
Lauren who is only a 3rd time and extremely timid skater declared she wanted to RACE
and RACE she did.
(She came in 2nd to last but I was overjoyed that she put herself out there and tried her best.)

This girl is going to do great things.
Happy 8th Birthday to our sweet Lauren.
You are loved beyond measure.

No comments: